Chapter 51

*Niall's POV*

I shifted around uncomfortably on the thin twin size bed and then sighed up at the bunk above me . I was so bored.

Quickly sitting up, I reached under my miserable excuse for a pillow and grabbed Alyssa's necklace in my hand. I wore it on my way in and then tucked it under my shirt so nobody would see it or take it away from me. I didn't think anyone would, but it just made me feel safe- like Alyssa was secretly with me.

I rolled back over onto my back with a heavy sigh and then held the necklace up above my head so I could admire it some more.

"You got a lady?" A voice asked making me jump. I looked up and saw an upside-down face staring at me from the top bunk.

"Yeah," I answered him while putting my attention back to the piece of jewelry. My answer shocked myself. Why did I tell him I had a lady? Alyssa's not mine. I used to think she was or I had a chance but then it was pretty harshly obvious that there was zero chance of me ever having her. My main parole officer was the one that dropped me off, and the other was in Paris, so I was basically fucked.

"Oh yeah?" The guy continued, "What's her name?"

"Alyssa," I mumbled.

"Pretty name. Is she pretty?"

I glared at him and could tell by the scrawniness of his face that he didn't belong here. Just by the way he was talking to me and the look of his face, I could tell that he didn't fit the description of the typical guys that walk into this place.

"Is that her necklace?" He questioned while nodding to the necklace in my hand. I nodded and looked into his eyes. The guy actually smiled a tiny bit. "That's pretty, too."

I tilted my head to the side to get a look at the guy's face from an angle. He kind of looked like someone I knew, but he seemed scrawnier and had glasses too large for his face. Clenching the necklace tightly in my palm, I stood up off of the bed and looked at the guy laying on the bunk on top of mine. I guessed right in saying he was scrawny. He seemed too small and nice to be here, but his facial features reminded me of someone that I wouldn't be surprised to see back here.

The guy quickly sat up and then climbed down off of the bed before walking over to me and pushing up his glasses. "Sorry. I never introduced myself." He held out his hand. "I'm Marcel." I shook his hand slowly and then stared at his face some more. He looked so much like someone else, and on top of that, his name sounded a bit familiar.

Quickly, I reached over and grabbed the glasses off of his face and examined it again. He looked almost exactly like Harry! Then I thought back and remembered Harry bringing up a family member named Marcel a few times. None of us really talked about our families much, but I happened to remember Harry said he was a twin one time, too.

So maybe this was his twin!

"Sorry," I said to Marcel while putting his glasses back on his confused and contorted face. "You just remind me of someone."

I watched as Marcel fixed his glasses on his face. "That's alright. What's your name?"

I lowered my eyes at him and then wandered back over to my bed. "Sorry," I sighed while plopping down on my bed with a grunt. "I don't do names and I don't do back stories- especially not in jail." I looked up at him as he was still standing in the middle of the room with a blank expression. "Nothing personal."

Marcel wandered over to my bed and then sat at my feet. "Can you tell me how you got in here?" What was this? A fucking sleepover? Where you open up and shit?