Chapter 57

*Alyssa's POV*

My heart was pumping the next day when my alarm went off to tell me to get up. I didn't want to get up. I wanted to stay in my bed and hide for the whole day watching Netflix and eating take-out. The last thing I was ready for was to face Niall again. I couldn't ever face him again after the way he just left me like he did. I just couldn't. I wanted to see him again more than ever, but not with this weird tension between us. I wanted to see him again and have it just like before where we could cuddle all night and have passionate make-out sessions without a care in the world. That's what I wanted, but unfortunately, I couldn't have that anymore and that made wanting to see him hard.

I knew I couldn't stay in my room forever, and as much as I didn't want to see him again, I knew that there was no way that I could avoid him for the next two weeks. Eventually, I was going to have to face the music and it was going to have to be sooner rather than later. Maybe I could put my few acting skills to the test and pretend like I don't know the blonde Irishman. Maybe, just maybe, he'll pretend to do the same to me and then it will be like nothing ever happened between us- like I never got close to him and eventually fell in love with him. That was going to be the hardest part, sadly. Loving him was surprisingly easy and only took about a month and a half of seeing him, but I don't even think I could be completely over him and forget about him a year and a half from now.

Half an hour later, I slowly emerged from my room and wandered over to the elevator so I could catch a cab and go to the studio. My heart seemed to thump louder and louder the closer we got and I could feel my hands shaking slightly as they held onto one another. I eventually started to taste blood from my lip and it was then that I noticed I had been nervously chewing on it and at the same time, my leg stopped bouncing up and down. I was more nervous thinking about Niall being back than I thought.

Instead of thinking about Niall, I instead started to hum along softly to the unfamiliar tune that I was listening to on the radio. I honestly couldn't have given a fuck what it was, I just needed something to think about and consume my mind for short time I was going to be in the cab. It seemed to do the work at least partially because before I knew it, I was being dropped off at the studio and was paying the driver a decent tip. It almost seemed like the studio ran up closer to me as I approached it, and I let out a heavy sigh as I opened the glass doors and then let them close softly behind me. I was ready to get these next two weeks over with.

Hair, make up, and wardrobe all went as normal and I was thankful that it was as loud and chaotic that morning as every other morning, if not worse. It kept my mind busy and off of the face I was doomed to see again for a while. Somewhere in the back of my mind, I still had the problem at hand blinking bright red at me, but I was able to ignore it for the most part. It wasn't until I was sitting on the couch for a while, all dressed up and ready to go, that I remembered what was going on. I was going to see Niall, and as I sat there and the chaos slowly died down, it started to sink in a little more and get me shaking again. The minutes ticked by quickly as I watched the doors to the studio and waited for a gleeful and giggled Haley to appear, but she never came. Instead, an angry looking and stomping Haley came out when her time was up. I quirked an eyebrow in confusion as I silently watched her storm past me. Shouldn't she be on cloud 9 or something?

I decided to shrug it off for the time being and slowly wander into the set room. Whatever Haley had up her butt was none of my concern and nothing I should be worried about. I had my own problem at the time to think about and my problem was waiting for me on the other side of the door I was reaching out to grab. With a heavy sigh, I gripped on to the handle bar for the room and then pulled. Might as well get the first day over with as soon as I could, I thought. However, when I walked in, it wasn't Niall staring back at me at all. Sure enough it was still our curly red-headed photographer. I couldn't remember her name anymore since she wasn't one to say much.