Chapter 33

*Niall's POV*

When I woke up the next morning, I found Alyssa's body tucked safely under mine. My arm was covering her like it was a shield and my head was resting on top of hers. Her arms were also around my body and she was using my naked chest as a pillow. I looked down at her and saw that her mouth was parted ever-so-slightly and her lips twitched as she dreamt. I smiled down at her and then looked to my clock. My alarm was about to go off in about five minutes anyways, so I thought I should just get up and turn my alarm off already so it wouldn't wake the sleeping beauty in my bed.

I smiled thinking about what Corbin's reaction would be when he found out that Alyssa wasn't there when he woke up. I wanted to just laugh and jump for joy at the thought that Alyssa woke up with me, not him. She came running to me instead of putting up with his shit. She chose me.

I sighed and slowly removed her arms from my body and slid out from the bed slowly so I wouldn't wake her. Her eyebrows furrowed as I left her, but she quickly opted for my warm pillow, instead, as a cuddle buddy.

I laughed quietly and started to prepare myself for the day. I walked back into the room from the bathroom to grab a shirt when I tripped over Alyssa's bag. I mumbled a swear word with the toothbrush still in my mouth and looked down at the bag. It was slightly open and something green inside of it caught my attention.

Her notebook.

I quickly ran to the bathroom and spat and rinsed. When I was done, I wiped my mouth and walked back out to the room. Alyssa was still knocked out, cuddling with my pillow. I slowly unzipped her bag and pulled it out, opening it to the next entry.

Entry #2

Today's the fifth anniversary of mom's death. I miss her more and more every day. I threw up again today. If she was here, she would have noticed immediately and taken me aside to have some mother-daughter time. Dad's still not home from work and this house is so lonely. Thoughts start to become more and more visible and accessible when you're alone in a big house for a long period of time. You have more time to yourself to explore your life and remember all of the stupid shit you've done and had to put up with. It's not a fun thing when your own memory drives you crazy and depresses you.

The fact that mom's fifth anniversary of her death is today doesn't help any, because that just brings back even more memories.

I wish she was here. I miss you, mom.

I breathed in amazement and then closed the notebook. Alyssa was still passed out oblivious to what I was doing. I quickly reach over to the nightstand and put the notebook in the drawer so I could read it some more later. Maybe she wouldn't even notice if it was gone or she would assume that she forgot it at home.

After that, I threw on a shirt and continued to get ready. When I was done and ready to go, I leaned on the bed and lightly kissed Alyssa's forehead. It may have been a light kiss, but it was still enough for her to take in a giant breath and flutter her eyes open.

"Hi." she smiled.

I smiled back and kissed the tip of her nose. "Hi."

She scrunched up her face and giggled. "What time is it?"

"Just after nine thirty. I'm about to leave."

She stretched and yawned. "Oh." She reached out for me and wrapped her arms around my neck just like she did only hours before. I rested my hands on her hips and let her lips meet mine. "You should stay for a little bit longer."