Chapter 9

Hiiii guys. C:

Please don't forget to vote and leave me some feedback? D: it would reeeeaaally help. AND it might make me wanna update faster. ^.^

*

I smiled and sat down on the couch. I yawned and Niall looked at me. "The bedroom is through that door over there if you're tired. I might stay up for a little bit but you can go to sleep."

I smiled and began to get up when Niall facepalmed. I furrowed my brow at him. "What?"

Slowly bringing his palm from his face, he met my eyes again, resulting in a small skip in my heart. "I just realized you don't have anything to change into."

"Oh," I shyly spoke, just then realizing that, too. Trying to not sound like a girl without a plan, although that's exactly what I was, I casually played it off. "I was just going to sleep in the dress. I mean, I don't have much of an option." Just for an extra sense of assurance, I threw in a light giggle.

He stared at me for a while, and right when I felt like I couldn't take the awkward and heavy eyes on me, he shot up from his seat and grabbed my hand, pulling me towards the bedroom.

What was it with this guy and grabbing me to make me follow him?

He could just ask...

He pulled me into the room and let go of me, then picked up a big black suitcase from off of the floor. He set it on the bed and opened it revealing a bunch of organized and neatly folded shirts and pants consisting of the colors white, grey, and black. I found it odd in my mind to only wear three colors, but I didn't say anything. Instead, I silently watch as Niall picked up a black T-shirt and a pair of gray sweats. He tossed them to me and I caught them. "There." I blankly stared down at the folded pieces of clothing resting in my palms. "You can wear those tomorrow to the photoshoot as well of you want to and then get maintenance's help tomorrow after you get back."

I then looked down at the sweats then back up to him a few times before nodding my head. He smiled awkwardly in return, which caused me to shift uncomfortably. Something about the man's presence felt... off to me. It felt like I should be okay with him on one hand, but then it felt like I should stay as far away as I could on the other hand. My problem was that I didn't know which hand to take. I thought I was getting to know Niall pretty well, but after seeing him beat the living shit out of two guys, it suddenly became clear to me that I had no idea who I was really working with, here. I knew I could trust him... to a point. The hard part was finding where that point was.

"Okay," Niall spoke up when I didn't say anything. "I'll just be out there and I'll probably go to sleep soon."

I nodded once and gave him a smile- a real smile. "Thank you, Niall," I said. I wasn't just talking about the clothes or the bed, though.

"It's just clothes." He chuckled with a small shrug.

Biting my lip, I set the clothes on the spare bed in his room. I knew I didn't particularly like that he was involved in two fights, but at the same time, I felt thankful that Niall got into the second one. "I uh... I also mean for practically saving me from Toby." I said laughing to try and lighten up the subject.

"Oh, yeah." Niall scratched the top of his head as if he didn't find any big deal in it whatsoever. "It was nothing. I was kind of looking for an excuse to beat him up earlier the minute I saw him trying to move on you," He said with an indifferent shrug. 

I giggled lightly at his words (although I could sense the seriousness behind them) and Niall started walking towards the door. My smile fell as I remembered what Perrie asked him. "What did Perrie mean?" I blurted out just as he was about to step out of the room.