Chapter 61

*Niall's POV*

With another tip back of the head,  I let the liquor flow into my mouth and burn down my throat. As I sat there on my hotel bed, I thought to myself what an idiot I was. I let her slip away. I let the only girl I've ever loved slip through my fingertips and now she's going out with some loser who doesn't know her like I do and who doesn't deserve her.
"Fuck!" I shouted to no one with a giant slam of the fist to my bed. I walked over to my balcony doors again and stared out the window to see that little prick waiting for her in his fancy, white convertible. If I was going on a date with her, I would at least have the decency to go up to her room and knock on the door. I sighed and threw my free hand through my hair and took another drink.
This was getting emotionally draining, but in a way, I guess I deserved this for all the shit I put her through. The whole week I was the photographer again, but Alyssa didn't say much to me. She barely even acknowledged my existence and with only a week left of the tour, I knew it was too late to ever have her again. She wouldn't talk to me and now she was going on a date with another guy.
I lost.

Suddenly, my eyes jerked open as I noticed a girl approaching Ryan's car. Curious and, for some reason, in the mood to torture myself, I opened the doors and stepped out onto the balcony watching the two.
Alyssa looked... different. As a matter of fact, it didn't even look like Alyssa. Her hair was too dark, her legs were too long, and she would never wear a dress like that unless Stephany helped her get dressed or something.
I stepped up to the balcony railing and looked closer and, although it was hard to see from this far up, I thought I caught a black mark on the girl's exposed shoulder. It was a tattoo.
Alyssa didn't have any tattoos.
I quickly tried to think of who did and then it clicked. That wasn't Alyssa, that was Haley!

This whole time I've been so scared that she was gone forever and she was going on a date with Ryan, but she wasn't. I knew I knew her better than that. I knew she would never do that. With a blink of an eye, my feet took over and I was out of my room and running towards the elevator in only my socks. I was going to get my girl back, tell her I loved her, do something. I wanted her back and she was, hopefully, still as good as mine as long as she didn't remember our little seven o'clock in the morning encounter. Either way, she was free for the taking at that moment.

I kept pressing the button for the elevator to come, but it was taking a long time so eventually, I got impatient and ran through the door for the stairs. Taking two at a time and leaping at the bottom of every landing, I felt like I was flying just trying to make it to her room. When I finally got on her floor, I sprinted through the hallway until I finally found the number I was looking for.

Suddenly, as I stood there in front of her room, I felt nervous. What if she rejected me? What if she told me to leave? With a shake of the head, I forced those thoughts away not caring. Right now, I was going to do what I wanted to do and I wasn't going to back down. It was now or never. I raised my fists and knocked roughly against the door, but I didn't hear anything. I stood there praying to God that she was in there. I took a deep breath and knocked again, this time harder. When I did, I heard a faint, "It's open!" and stormed in. She froze at the sight of me with the phone up to her ear. I didn't know who she was talking to, but I didn't care either. As long as it wasn't anyone important.

I scooped her up and hungrily attacked her lips with my own. I was pleasantly surprised when she kissed me back just as eagerly and wrapped her legs around my waist. I didn't even notice the sound of the door slamming closed behind me or her tossing her phone to the side. All I noticed was her and how she acted like she wanted me too.

I wandered over to her bed and bent over so her back was on the bed but her legs were still crossed behind me. When my fingers found the hem of her shirt and slipped under to touch her skin again, she took in a deep breath and broke our lips apart. She stared at me confused and I stared back at her, looking from her eyes to her lips. "Niall," she whispered, clearly out of breath. "W-what are you doing?" She was still whispering.