Chapter 39

*Niall's POV*

The next morning I woke up and I groaned as I opened one eye. My head was pounding in my ears and the sun, which was shining directly in my eye, wasn't helping. I closed it and rolled over onto my stomach so I could shove my face in my pillow. Only, it didn't smell like my pillow. It smelled like... Alyssa. Kind of like vanilla and coconut put together.

I opened one eyes again (more like squinted) and saw the back of the blonde's head. Her hair fell beautifully for it being morning and looked like it had already been brushed through a million times. I smiled and closed my eyes before scooting over to her so we could spoon.

"Get. Off." She said as soon as my arm wrapped around her waist. I was surprised as she wiggled her body to rid my arm from her; however, I wasn't moving my position for two reasons. One, she was blocking the sun from my face when I was this close, and two, she was warm and I rather liked cuddling with her.

"No." I protested and she scooted farther to the edge. Well someone's PMSing this morning. What was her problem? Seriously.

Being the stubborn child I am, I just scooted myself closer to her and rewrapped my arm around her, this time holding her tighter to me. She whined and cursed my name all while trying to wriggle free, but I wouldn't let her despite her pleas and whining.

"Shh." I finally told her, which caught her attention. "My head is pounding and I want to sleep some more."

She finally wiggled free and kept her back to me. "Then go back to your own room." Damn. What the fuck was up her ass this morning?

"What is wrong with you? Why are you being such a bitch today? God." I complained while rolling over on my back and pressing the palms of my hands into my closed eyes.

I felt the bed shift and when I opened my eyes, she was sitting up with her arms crossed over her chest and a scowl on her face. Most importantly, a death glare set on me. What the hell did I do?

"Maybe because you have a shit load of explaining to do and you pissed me off last night."

Oh God. That's not good.

"What are you talking about?" I played it cool and tried to brush it off like I had nothing to hide, even though in reality, I was hiding more from her than I was really telling. Shit, what did I say last night? Fuck.

"Selling drugs? Since when did you ever sell drugs for a living and where you ever once planning on telling me about your little business over in London? Or the fact that your little business is the reason you were sent to jail... multiple times?!" She snapped.

Oh... well I guess there were better things I could have spilled, but there were definitely also worse.

I groaned and closed my eyes. "Shit," was all I said.

"Well, were you? Do you even remember anything from last night?"

I opened my eyes and looked up as if I would be able to see my brain and literally rack through it. "Uh, I remember us sitting on your balcony and I was smoking a cigarette. Then you tried it. I remember a little bit of the party. You came at one point and, holy fuck, that dress... I couldn't decide if I wanted to take it off you or not." I smiled at the slight memory of her waltzing into the backyard last night with that damn dress on and every guy at the table looked like they were ready to take her home. That was why when she sat down on my lap, I felt a sense of pride as I made it quite clear who the leader of the table was. And it only made it better because I was literally talking about her seconds before she showed up and none of the guys actually believed that I had that girl to myself. Which, I guess I still kind of don't, actually, since her fucking dad hired me and gave me strict orders that I couldn't do anything with his precious, virgin (but oh, so fucking hot) daughter. Too bad I kind of already broke that rule, though.