Chapter 52

Okey. Well... hello there. Haha. So... I sort of completely changed the whole course of which I was taking this story, and I must have had a better plot twist idea thing when I did it... but it's kind of been a while since I've updated... and whatever sort of plot twist or direction I was taking the story in... I forgot. So now I'm just kind of going back to free-balling this whole thing because I once more have no idea where this is going. Hopefully somewhere good. So bare with me here. Okay. Story time.

*Alyssa's POV*

Nothing could have ever prepared me for the route that my life was heading into. Nothing. I was born and raised in some city in a nice and modest edition going to school like any normal person would. I didn't come from a rich background, but I didn't come from one in poverty, either. Just a normal life. Then mom passed away.
Nothing, I repeat, nothing, could have prepared me for the life that I got and the crazy downward spiral I went through after I lost my mom. Everything suddenly changed, and then after high school, it was all even worse.
It's like the older I get, the more surprises life likes to throw at me- the more I have to work for what I want. I had to work not so hard while in elementary school. Almost none. Then my mom became sick while I was in middle school. Had to work a little harder to do what needed to be done, but I did it. Begining of my freshman year, everything changed. I missed so much school, I missed my mom, and I missed things like my high grades and little effort put into them. Everything got so much harder.
Now I want one thing. One. That's it, and working for this one thing might be the toughest challenge I'll ever have to face: Getting Niall back.

I had no idea where he was. I had called him countless times, and also dialed his number just to press the home button on my phone countless times. He never answered on the times when I would call, and I noticed his phone would always go striaght to voicemail- like it was dead. Or maybe he blocked my number. I wasn't sure, but it scared me because I wanted to hear his voice- be sure that he was alright and talk to him just that one last time. That was it. I just wanted him, but I knew I couldnt have what I wanted.

I couldn't help myself from thinking about him constantly, either. Everyday I would walk out of the studio with my head down and a million thoughts rushing through my uncertain and paranoid mind. I couldn't take it. Sure, Abby was nice and a good photographer- don't get me wrong... but she wasn't Niall.

About two weeks into Paris, I was still thinking about it all as I was walking out of the studio. Our hotel was only a about eight blocks from the studio we were at so I decided to just walk. I headed to my room the moment I was in the hotel and slowly unlocked my door so I could do what I had been doing the whole time since Niall had left: sit in bed watching a movie or reading a book. That's what I was always doing unless Steph invited me out like she did the first weekend we had been here when we went to that Halloween party.
I jumped out of my skin as I opened the door and saw three bodies waiting for me in my room.
"Happy Thanksgiving!" My mouth fell open and I actually smiled for the first time in weeks as I looked at my dad, Stan, and even Ryan standing in my room wearing funny Indian hats.
"Oh my gosh!" I screamed while running up to my dad and throwing my arms around him. Half of me was tempted to cry, but I held myself together and finally took a step back to look at all of them. "What are you guys doing here?"
"Celebrating Thanksgiving with you," my dad chuckled.
"But Thanksgiving isn't for a few more weeks and by then the tour will be done." It may have sounded like I thought they shouldn't have came, but I really did enjoy the fact that they were there and I was super excited to actually have company.
It was mainly my dad that I was excited to see. I didn't know Stan much and I really couldn't have cared less that Ryan was there, but my dad was there so it was still okay with me.
"We know," my dad chuckled, "but we decided that we wanted to come out and visit and see the city so here we are."
"Have you eaten, yet? We were about to grab something to eat. You hungry?" Stan asked speaking out for the first time. As he mentioned it, I felt my stomach slightly growl as I realized I hadn't eaten all day. I actually hadn't eaten much at all since Niall left, but I simply passed it off as hormonal struggles.