Chapter 35

*Alyssa's POV*

The next few days went by way too fast for me to even comprehend anything. I obviously saw Niall multiple times, during and after work, and he was being his normal charming self, talking me up and whatnot. It was now Thursday night and that meant two things:

1. I need to get everything packed up for leaving tomorrow.

2. If I'm going to break up with Corbin, I'm going to have to make it now.

I stuffed my bag closed, even though it was way over its capacity limit, and managed to zip it all the way around. I wiped away the invisible sweat building on my forehead from the minimal work I did and then saw my phone light up from off of my nightstand. I walked over to it and saw it was Corbin texting.

From: Corbin

Hey. wanna come over tonight??

I held my breadth for two seconds and then slowly exhaled through my mouth. I forced my fingers to do the typing and I knew in the front of my mind, for once, it needed to be done and it was now or never.

To: Corbin

We need to talk. tonight. face to face.

I willed myself and after a few seconds of contemplating, I pressed the send button and physically watched the green bar load until it was finally full and my message was sent.

It didn't take long for him to reply.

From: Corbin

u got it babe ;)

I just shook my head and looked around my almost packed up room. I quickly grabbed my room key off of table along with my sweatshirt and walked out the door. As I made my way down the hallway, I slipped my arms through each of the arm holes in my sweatshirt and zipped it up just under my breast. I pulled my hair out from under it and knocked on Niall's door which now stood in front of me. He answered it about ten second later and smiled cockily at me while leaning against the doorframe.

"Why hello, beautiful."

I forced my smile down and shook my head. "Come on, Niall. We're going to Corbin's."

His eyes widened and his smirk left. "Corbin's?" I nodded my head and he grabbed his jacket sitting next to the door. "Oh. Okay. Should we take my car?"

I nodded again. "Sure."

"Okay." He grabbed his keys and slid Adidas sliders on his feet. "Let's go." He closed the door behind him and we headed to the elevators.

*

"So why are we going to Corbin's?" Niall asked as he started his car.

I sideways glanced at him with nervous eyes. "You should know the answer."

He seemed to sit taller in his seat at this. "Wait. Are you seriously gonna do this? This is real?"

I looked over at him completely like he was crazy. "Duh! Did you think I wouldn't do it? That I was actually planning on staying with him forever? I already told you I wanted to and why and even you have been saying for forever that I should break up with him. Now I am." Even though I just kind of yelled and got snappy with him, he still smiled. "Why are you smiling so much?"

"Because. I don't have to share you anymore."

I blushed and alternated looking down to my lap and looking out the window for the rest of the ride, even though I'm sure Niall noticed my red cheeks and embarrassment, anyways.