Chapter 41

My heart stopped, as I couldn't find the air to fill my lungs or the words to escape my mouth. All I could do was stare between the two of them with wide eyes as their characteristics slowly began to look similar. They had the same nose, chin, eye shape, and hair color.

Oh.

But I thought her brother died at birth? That is what she said, wasn't it? Or maybe I wasn't listening. Shit.

"But... I thought-" I started.

"I know. I'll explain it all later. I promise." She smiled and I watched her squeeze Cole's hand before letting go and walking back to me. I stiffened as she grabbed my bicep, but I don't think she really noticed.

Instead, I just looked from Ashton and Mikey down to Alyssa. "Well, we were planning on going to the party at Michael's place." I was hesitant to invite her because I was scared that what happened at Zayn's party would happen here, but I nonetheless decided that if I kept her glued to my side (like I failed to do at Zayn's) she would be fine. "You wanna come?" I finally asked while chewing on my lip ring.

"Oh." Her face fell and she looked over at Cole who looked indifferent.

"Cole can come, too." I added.

Her and Cole seemed to have some sort of short conversation between them with their eyes. It's scary how they were able to do all the things twins usually are able to do. Alyssa finally looked back up to me and shrugged. "Sure. We just have to go back to the hotel so I can change."

I looked down to what she was wearing and rolled my eyes. She was already wearing a pair of dark wash Hollister shorts with a white crop top. White flip-flops sat on her feet and her hair was up in a ponytail. She wasn't wearing any makeup, but she didn't need to, anyways.

"You look fine." I shook my head and wrapped my arm around her waist as she let go of my bicep. We started walking in a group back to Ashton's car and Alyssa rolled her eyes at me.

"I literally just threw random clothes on before leaving." She huffed, but I wasn't having it.

"And it looks great." I didn't look down at her and just kept walking towards the black vehicle waiting in the parking lot. She didn't argue and I was happy about that.

Five minutes later, we were all headed down the highway with Ashton driving and Michael sitting shotgun; and then the other three of us sitting in the back with Alyssa in the middle. I rested my arm across the back of the seat and I couldn't help but smile at myself when Alyssa leaned into my chest.

For the most part we stayed quiet the whole ride listening to some CD that Ashton had in by a band called Follow The Horizon or Bring Me The Sirens or something like that. It was okay, but I wasn't too impressed with it.

When we got to the house, the party was alive and well and I smiled at the sight. Lights were on everywhere and the backyard, which was separated by a tall fence, lit up the night and I got even more pumped.

This was my scene and I've cut down on it more and more recently so I was ready to go.

I got out first and then helped Alyssa out. She was going to stay by my side the whole night and there was no way in hell that I was going to let any guy chat her up. I would be sure to make it clear the moment she stepped into the building that she was not available for the night and if some guy decided to try and size her up in front of me, I would give him a look that would keep him a radius of 20 feet away for the rest of the night.

I immediately wrapped my arm safely around her waist once she was on her feet and then closed the car door. Cole quickly followed behind us as we headed to the door and once it was open, I smiled at the scene completely forgetting that I wrecked my baby only an hour ago.