Chapter 36

*Alyssa's POV*

My heart seemed to thump louder and harder the more I kept staring at it. What was this? Who wrote it? Someone really wrote a song and then dedicated it to me?

Should I read it, or would that be an invasion of privacy? But then again, who would need to know?

So many questions.

I looked back down at the paper and read the title and my name again, smiling at the chicken scratch handwriting it was wrote in.

I started to wonder whose notebook this was, anyways. What could have happened that this notebook was planted in my bag?

Where was my notebook?

The fast and loud pumping of my heart all seemed to stop in an instant and I could literally feel my blood run cold. My notebook. Did this mean someone else had it? Or maybe I just left it at home? Hopefully I did because if someone else had it and was reading it, I think I would die. That's my past and I want it to stay my business. I would hate if someone read it just as I'm sure whoever wrote this wouldn't be so happy if I read it. So maybe I shouldn't? But then again, it's a song that's about me, so technically, it is my business.

It couldn't hurt anything, could it?

I took a deep breath and prepared myself to read the page when there was a knock on my door. Without thinking, I shoved the notebook far under the millions of pillows on my bed and ran to the door. By now, I didn't even have to check the peephole because I already recognized the knock as if it was a signature or an artist's piece of art.

I opened the door and Niall happily strutted into my room without an invitation making me giggle. "Yes, Niall?" I asked as he plopped down onto his back on my bed with a groan.

He didn't say anything until after I closed the door and walked towards him. "I was thinking about a walk to get used to our temporary surroundings? " He lifted his head off of the bed and stared at me with one eyebrow higher than the other. God, he's attractive. "You in, since you denied me when I offered while we were still in Los Angeles?"

I giggled and crossed my arms over my tank topwhile I quickly made up my mind. "Sure. Why not?"

He shot up from the bed to his feet. "Great. Let's go!"

So that's how I found myself walking down the middle of Time Square with Niall ten minutes later breathing in the intoxicating smells that New York had to offer- which were many. Every step seemed to hold a new smell and not one single step was filled with a rancid one.

I love it here.

"It smells so good." I finally said aloud what we were both thinking since we stepped foot out the door.

Niall looked down at me and he raised an eyebrow in a way to show he was thinking something up. I wanted to ask him what was up when he asked, "Want to do something crazy?"

Naturally, it worried me just because you never know what he's thinking- something I adore about him but also something I want to change. I want to know what Niall thinks about and what's on his mind.

I guess I just want to really know him. The real him.

"Sure." I responded, a bit hesitant. Without a word, he grabbed my hand and laced our fingers together, taking me by surprise in the process. He pulled me down the sidewalk and stayed quiet the whole way, ignoring my repeating and never-ending questions about where we were going and what we were doing.