Chapter 12

We finished our meal and the waiter didn't hesitate to send some soft of flirtatious advance my way every time he came to check on us, which ended up being quite frequent. 

Niall would roll his eyes every time and make some snarky comment careful not to expose anything to Lux that most three year olds don't know about.

We walked out and started walking back to the hotel. "Why don't we just take a taxi?" I asked. 

"Because this way we can get to know our temporary home. I mean, we are going to be here for another month or so, right? Therefore we should know our surroundings" He said casually.  

I nodded seeing his point and boosted Lux on my hip better. 

"Oo." Lux exclaimed pointing to the store next to us. 

I looked over and saw a dress store with few decorative and dazzling dresses in the window. One red, one white, and one blue; probably in honor of Independence Day which was actually coming up in the next few weeks.

"Aren't those pretty?" I asked Lux. 

She smiled and stuck her thumb in her mouth before nodding her head. 

I laughed. "When you're old enough, I am so taking you shopping." I half joked. 

Niall rolled is eyes. "What is it with girls and shopping?" 

"What is it with guys and jacking off?" I shot at him. 

"Hey, little ears." Niall rushingly stated. "And that escalated quickly." 

I shrugged. "Just saying." 

He laughed.

**

I sighed closing the door as Lou walked out holding Lux. "What time is it?" I walked back into the room. 

"Just after ten." Niall responded. 

"Why does it feel so much later?" 

"Because you're on your period." He smirked. 

I glared at him. "I am not." 

"So you mean to say you always act like this?" He asked sounding flabbergasted.  

"No. You should see me when I actually am on my period." I stuck my tongue out at him. 

He smirked. "I'm pretty sure I did when we first met on the plane." 

"Hah, no. That was called trying to stay away from some pervert I didn't even know." 

"I am not a pervert." He defended. 

"Psh. Hey, what were you doing in Indiana anyways?" I asked curiously. 

"Is that really any of your business?" He asked defensively. 

"I was just asking. No need to go Mama Bear on me." 

"I'm not. I'm just saying it's none of your business what I was doing in Indiana." 

I rolled my eyes. "Calm down, would you? If you don't want me to know, then just say so. If you have something to hide, you don't have to tell me." 

"I don't have anything to hide." He responded immediately. 

"Good." I responded knowing he was lying.

***

I climbed onto the bus the next day after work and sat down where I usually would. A few stops later, I watched as a familiar face got on. I smiled as our eyes met an he headed over to me.