Chapter 53

*Niall's POV*

"I don't get you." I shook my head at the curly headed man and opened my mouth wide to take a chunk off of my apple.

His head shot up as I started to chew my food. "What?"

"You won't eat! And, no offense, but you're already a walking, talking stick." Marcel sighed and planted the book he was reading down on the table. Who actually reads in jail?

"Fine." He grabbed his fork in his right hand and stabbed at the meat loaf in front of him. "Mm!!" He gave me a sarcastic look and then tried shoving the whole thing in his mouth at once, suddenly gagging on it. I wasn't sure if it was because of the size or taste, but either way, his face was quickly turning red and his eyes were starting to water.

"Oh, come on, now." I groaned and sat up so I could reach over and pound his back with my palm. Moments later, Marcel spat the rubbery meat out onto the tray in front of him and continued to cough a few more times while I sat down in disbelief. This kid...

After I watched Marcel wipe his mouth and shake his head, I couldn't help but chuckle at my new friend. I stopped, however, when I noticed that I wasn't the only one laughing. I sat up a bit taller and watched a big group of guys at the table behind Marcel laughing at him. I frowned and my eyebrows furrowed as the biggest and ugliest one stood up behind Marcel. I didn't even notice as Marcel grabbed my water bottle and began to drink it "waterfall style" until the one that stood up suddenly pounded Marcel on the back causing Marcel to go back into a coughing fit again.

"Hey, kid. Doesn't look like you please your boyfriend much, do you?" A few guys laughed and stood up behind the other one. I clenched my fists as Marcel stopped coughing and wiped the water off of him and the table. "Look at him, guys!" He laughed again. "He'd make a great housewife!" The others laughed with him and, by this point, I was livid.

I pushed my chair back and abruptly stood up so I could look the main guy straight in the eye. I could see Marcel looking up at me in horror from my peripheral vision, but I ignored it. "Hey, why don't you leave the guy alone, huh?"

The guy didn't flinch under my glare, and only laughed at it. "So you must be the boyfriend then, huh? Ay, does he normally choke this much?"

In a flash, I was around the table and chest to chest with the old and fat guy. "How about you get lost." I stabbed my finger into his orange chest, but he didn't move back any. This guy had weight and height on me. "Pick on some dude your own size. Not some guy like my buddy, Marcel, here." I briefly gestured to the curly hair to my left as I was standing right behind him.

"You got a problem, Leprechaun!?" The guy stepped towards me and knocked me back a few steps with his giant stomach. I didn't even notice that by this point, a few guards had already noticed and stepped in until my back knocked into one of them and I was grabbed by either of my arms.

"Yeah I got a problem!" I took a few step forwards and attempted to swing at him, but the guard held my arms down and was attempting to pull me away from him. I let him pull me back a few steps as my veins ran cold and my knuckles whitened even further. They were shaking by this point, just itching to have contact with someone's face.

There was a bigger guard trying to pull the other guy away, too, but he was struggling more than mine was. I watched in anger as the man hit both of his hands against his fat chest. "Then do something! Do something!"

Without a single struggle, I broke my arms free from the guard's hold and charged the old, fat man, knocking both him and the guard back a few steps while my fist finally made the wanted contact with the guy's face. By this point, the guy's friends had already disappeared to the other side of the lunch table they were originally sitting at.