Chapter 13

*Niall's POV*

The car seemed familiar. Too familiar. I furrowed my brow as I leaned against the balcony bar further to examine the car and where I've seen it before. I was trying to see the face of the driver in the car, but the glare on the windshield wouldn't allow this... Until the driver moved.

I watched as the driver leaned over the middle console and placed his lips on whoever it was in the passenger side.

It was Corbin. Now the glare wasn't on him and I could see his face. But who was he kissing? I was going to lose it if it was Alyssa. I couldn't see the passengers face because of the glare, still.

I watched as they separated and a huge smile was displayed on his face. His mouth was moving but there was no way I was going to make out what he was saying from three stories up.

The passenger side door opened and when I saw Alyssa getting out, I was ready to punch somebody. Preferably Corbin.

I clenched my jaw and tightened my fist at my side.

I made a promise I would keep her safe and by letting her hang out with Corbin, I was already failing.

I watched as she walked into the building and he drove off, both had a smile on their face.

I plopped down on Alyssa's bed waiting for her to come up.

She opened the door humming and jumped when she saw me. "Dear God, Niall." She yelled placing a hand over her heart. "You scared the shit out of me. How'd you get in here and what are you doing in here?"

"I was waiting for you."

"Ok...? How'd you get in?" She asked shifting all of her weight to one leg and placing her hand on her waist.

"The door was still unlocked." I lied. There was no way I was going to tell her I actually had a key and I've had one this whole time. That's how I knew where her room was, as well.

"That's weird. I thought I locked it this morning." She said looking confused. "The maid must have forgotten to lock the door on her way out." She shrugged it off.

"So you were out with Corbin?" I asked changing the subject.

She took her jacket off and placed it on a chair. "As a matter a fact." She spoke softly. "How did you know that?"

"I saw him drop you off. That's a pretty big car he owns." I commented.

She shrugged. "I guess so."

"Hm. Interesting. You know what they say about guys who own really big cars."

Her jaw dropped. "Niall! I cannot believe you really just said that!"

"Hey, I'm just speaking the truth here, princess." I defended laughing.

She rolled her eyes. "Whatever, Horan." She took her shoes off and laid next to me on the bed.

"You hungry?" I asked her.

She shook her head. "Nah, not really. I'm good."

"Good, because I already ate." I said with a half laugh which she joined in on. Our small laughter died down. "So are you and Corbin official now?" I asked scared of the answer.

She looked up at me shocked. "No. What would make you-"

"I saw you guys kiss." I interrupted.

Her cheeks turned a slight shade of pink and she looked away. "Oh." Was all she said. "But, no. We're not together."

I sighed in relief. "Thank God." I spoke aloud to myself.

She sat up on one elbow. "Why do you seem so relieved?" She glared at me.