Chapter 38

"You meet a lot of people through selling drugs, princess." He told me and I instantly slammed on the breaks, but only Niall took the consequence. "Damn." He coughed while rubbing the back of his head. "Ouch."

My blood was pumping and I could hear every individual pump in my ears. "Drugs!?"

He leaned back in his seat again and nodded his head. "Yes." He confirmed while closing his eyes. "Drugs. Will you please keep driving? I'd like to go back to the hotel, already, and there's someone behind us." I clenched my jaw and pressed on the gas rather roughly, but once again, only Niall experienced the consequence. I didn't say anything to him the rest of the way and I just really wanted to scream for some reason. I wasn't sure if I was mad at Niall for doing drugs or if I was madder at myself for not thinking that Niall could ever do stuff like this in his past. I know a little bit about his childhood, but not really his past.

We arrived at the hotel and I quickly got out of the car the minute it was off. I figured Niall would be too drunk/high to really walk, so I walked around to his side of the car and saw him slowly getting out of the seat. He smiled at me and closed to door once he was on his feet while I folded my arms and turned my back around figuring he could manage now. Two seconds after I turned around, I felt hands on my waist and the trunk of the car behind me. Niall suctioned his lips to mine and moved his hands up my sides and then down to my waist again.

At first I kissed back as I was taken by surprised, but seconds later I came to my senses and pushed Niall away before slapping his cheek. I was in no mood to mess around with Niall. At all.

Niall rubbed his cheek and looked at me shocked. My eyes widened and I slowly backed myself up against the car while turning my head a little bit, flinching. "Ow." He said and I suddenly remembered that I was with Niall... not Corbin. No matter how drunk or high Niall gets, I don't think he would ever physically lay a hand on me in a way to purposefully harm me. "What the fuck is up with you?" He questioned while rubbing his cheek with his mouth ajar. He wasn't yelling at me like I was expecting him to, he just seemed a little annoyed and confused.

I didn't answer and instead pushed my way past him and started to speed-walk towards the hotel. I only stopped when I heard a thud behind me and saw Niall sitting on his drunken ass on the pavement. He smiled at me, seeming to forget that I slapped him thirty seconds ago, as I approached. "You are so beautiful." He grinned but I just rolled my eyes and hauled him to his feet. I wrapped one of his arms around my shoulders and walked in the hotel. He was still smiling at me and never took his eyes anywhere else. I would have blushed and smiled under his gaze, but not tonight.

"Are you mad at me, Ally Cat?" He asked as we climbed onto the elevator. I pursed my lips and watched the doors close in silence, giving him his answer. "I take that as a yes." It was then that he moved his eyes from my face and looked in front of us, as well.

The doors finally dinged and I stumbled out of the elevator with Niall dependently leaning on my shoulder. I reached to grab my key card from my bra and right when I held it out, my eyes bulged out of my head when I saw Niall unlocking my door with a different key card.

"Niall, it's not going to work with your-"

"Shh." He interrupted and pulled the card out of the slot. To my surprise, the light turned green and a little beep accompanied it. He opened the door and held it open for me to enter first.

My eyebrows scrunched in confusion as I continued into my room and slid my heels off of my feet. "Niall?" I asked turning around to him still staring at the card in my hand. "W-why do you have a key to my room?"

He laughed and walked over to me, the door finally clicking closed behind him. He put his- my card into his wallet and then shoved that into his back pocket while face planting on my bed. I groaned in frustration and, honestly, I was getting tired of secrets. "Damn it, Niall. Answer me!"