Chapter 20

*Alyssa's POV*

I cuddled into Corbin's chest as we flicked through all 1000 some channels not seeing anything that looked good. It had been a week since I actually really talked to Niall. Other than him giving me commands on how to pose, I hadn't spoken to him outside of business. It seemed like he was just watching me from afar. He had only tried talking to me once since that night and I quickly dodged him finding an excuse to get away. He's given up since then but still keeps an eye on me. It's really weird, honestly. I don't like how he just shadows over me, doesn't say a word, but just watches me for a distance. But why? Why did he even start talking and interacting with me in the first place? Why couldn't he just leave well enough alone and treat me like he does every other model- completely professional?

I was regretting coming out to this stupid photo shoot more and more as the days rolled on and I was forced to awkwardly be left alone with Niall for half an hour a day. The air was thicker than mud in that room and breathing was damn near impossible. It was really awkward being in there with him how I was- just strutting my way around the set wearing some wacko outfit while a guy I wanted to avoid, but couldn't, took pictures of me.

Why was I still thinking about him? Why couldn't I just clear my fucking brain and focus on my boyfriend, Nia- I mean Corbin?

What is wrong with me?

"Did you see anything you wanted to watch?" Corbin asked startling me. 

"What? Oh, no. No I didn't." I said settling myself back in. 

He sat up some making me shift from my spot against his chest. "You okay, babe?" 

"What?" I asked looking up at him. His eyes shined in a blue color for only seconds before converting back to brown. "Yeah. Yeah, I'm fine." I gave a pathetic small smile to him as if it would actually convince him. 

"You sure?" He raised one eyebrow at me. "You seem a little... off." 

I gave a bigger smile and sat up kissing his cheek. "I'm fine. I promise. I guess I'm just a little tired."  

"You're sure?" He asked again looking serious. 

No. "Yes. I'm sure. Now stop fussing and let's go to bed." I said standing up and tugging on his arm. 

He smiled and clicked the television off before standing up next to me and pulling me towards his room. I had spent the night here a few other times over the course of the week mainly because I was scared I would run into Niall, but of course, I just told Corbin that it was because I didn't want to be lonely, which I guess was also part of the reason. But, then again, if I didn't want to be lonely, I could always just ask Niall if he would come over or vis versa, but I was avoiding him as much as possible so that wasn't going to work.

We got all comfy between the covers and Corbin pulled me to him leaving kisses all over my neck making me slightly giggle. "Corbin, stop." 

He smiled against my skin and brought his lips to mine almost adding tongue immediately, choking me some in the process being as I wasn't prepared. His hands moved down to my waist and he placed the pads of his fingers on my stomach making me gasp. "Your fingers are cold." I giggled before joining our lips again. 

"Maybe I should warm them up." He chuckled playing with the hem of my yoga pants. 

Ew. No. I immediately picked up on that innuendo and I wish I hadn't. "Stop." I mumbled playfully moving his hands away from the top of my pants. "You're such a perv." I rolled my eyes and he just shrugged before kissing my cheek.  

"So what?"  

I rolled my eyes yet again. "Nevermind." He smiled down at me and kissed me again on the lips while his fingers traced up my spine making me shiver, I wasn't sure if it was a good way or a bad one. His fingers found my bra strap and my eyes widened. "What are you doing?" I asked frantically as he continued to fumble with it and not answer me.