Chapter 10

"And we're done." He exclaimed happily pulling his face out from behind the camera.

"Yes!" I shouted throwing my hands up and walking off the set.

"So you wanna do lunch later or what?"

I shook my head. "Sorry. Me and Lou are having lunch today."

He froze. "Lou?"

"Yeah. You know? The girl that does my hair and makeup? Has blonde hair.. Has a child."

His body unfroze and he started to breath again. "Oh."

"Who'd you think I meant?"

"No one." He mumbled.

"Tell me because you acted like you were going to freak out on me or something." I chuckled.

"I was not about to freak out on you."

I rolled my eyes and moved my hands to my waist. "Just tell me who."

He sighed and rubbed the back of his neck. "Louis. We call him Lou."

I laughed. "You mean one of your friends from the party that I barely even know?" He nodded his head. "Yes, Niall. I am going to lunch with one of the people from the party last night whom I barely even know." I rolled my eyes while his hardened.

"Don't say that." He snapped

"Niall. It was sarcasm." I crossed my arms.

"Still. Reminds me of Corbin so please don't say that."

"Oh my God. What do you have so strongly against Corbin? He's a nice guy."

His hands tightened at his sides. "You don't fucking know him. He is not a nice guy."

I propped my nose in the air. "Niall. Until he gives me reason to believe otherwise, I don't care if you say he's not a nice guy because I think he is. He's nice to me."

"Just wait." He grumbled.

"Besides, last night wasn't the first time I even met him. I met him on the-" Realization hit me like a bus. No pun intended. "Oh. My. God." I glared at Niall and his face soon turned innocent. "That's why you didn't want me to ride the bus this morning, isn't it? You were scared that I'd run into him or something!"

His face remained blank.

"Wow. Your hatred for him is..." I trailed off and struggled to find a word to fit how I was feeling.

"You have no idea," he said quietly.

"Oh." I laughed. "I'm started to get the idea. Considering, you don't even know me that well and you're telling me to stay away. He's a perfectly nice gentleman, Niall."

"Stop. Fucking. Saying that." He barked. His teeth were clenched, but he didn't scare me. "Sorry if I don't want you to become his next victim," He exclaimed flaring his arms out.

"You're being ridiculous, Niall." I rolled my eyes and focused them on the set.

"And you're being naïve."

My eyes snapped back to him and narrowed. "No, I'm being nonjudgmental about him instead of being a judge-y little prick!"

He glared at me for a moment and opened his mouth to say something when the door opened. Niall looked over my shoulder and I turned around to see one of the smaller blonde models poking her head in the door.

"Am I early?" Her voice was so soft and high pitched.

"No," Niall spoke with a soft tone. "Come on in, Olivia. Alyssa was just leaving." I wasn't looking at him but I could tell he was burning a whole in the back of my head with his eyes. I didn't even look back at him before heading for the door. The small blonde seemed frightened at first by the scowl Niall had put across my face. She smiled sweetly at me and I returned the kind favor as I walked past her and out the door.