Chapter 63

*Alyssa's POV*

Niall didn't leave me that night and, for that, I felt proud. I was proud that I was the girl that got to have a night like that with Niall and have it actually mean something. As we laid there in my bed later after Niall had disposed of our messy towel and used condom, I started tracing small shapes on his naked chest. Both of us were still naked, too lazy (or in my case, a little too sore) to put on any clothes.
We laid there in the almost pitch black dark together. I could tell Niall was knocked out because his hand that was wrapped around me and laying flat against my back kept twitching every minute or so. I was super tired, but I couldn't sleep no matter what. Niall, on the other hand, had to work the following morning so I made him go to sleep once it hit 1:30 in the morning. I told him I would fall asleep soon after, but as I looked at the time on the alarm clock and saw it was 2:54, sleep never came.
The soreness I felt in my hips and pelvis was starting to go away since I had been laying down since eleven. As I laid there drawing shapes on Niall's bare peck, I realized and it truly dawned on me that I confessed to Niall that I loved him. He didn't return it, but I wasn't really expecting him to, either. Whether or not he did love me back or not, I didn't know, but I didn't really care either. It was at least clear that me saying that I loved him didn't scare him. I mean, we slept together afterwards and he treated me like I was special to him the whole time.

I smiled as I laid there drawing circles on his chest. I suddenly noticed the small piece of medal sitting happily above his pecks. I noticed it earlier, but I didn't really take the time to look at it. However, now that I did, I saw that it was my mother's necklace that I gave to him. I bit my lip as I felt my eyes starting to well up with water. I couldn't believe he was actually wearing it this whole time.
Maybe he cared about me more than I thought.

Finally, I checked the clock again and saw it read 3:15 which finally let me sleep. I faintly remembered when Niall left that morning. All I could remember was him telling me he was leaving and giving me a delicate kiss on the forehead before saying, "See you later, princess.".

When I finally woke up, I rolled over and saw it was 12:52. I guess that was a good time to wake up. I stretched and rolled onto my back. My stomach growled as I realized I didn't even eat last night since Niall came in when I was ordering food. I smiled and reached for my phone (which was still on the ground) not even mad that I didn't eat last night. I reached for it and then quickly returned back to my position to call the same take-out place from the night before.
When I got off the phone with them, I leaned my head back and sighed. That meant I still had to get dressed to answer the door when they arrived. I was starting to like the whole commando thing, too.

With a heavy sigh, I threw the blankets off of my body and carefully swung my legs over the bed.  "Jesus Christ," I winced and carefully brought myself to my feet. I felt like I was more stiff now than I was just after it had happen. With a careful step, followed by another, and then another, I wandered over to where my bag was and picked myself out a bra and underwear. With few struggles, I was able to get it on and then throw a t-shirt and some Sophie's on over it. The more I walked, the easier it seemed. I was still a bit sore, but it became easier and easier to ignore.

About fifteen minutes later, there was a knock on my door. Happy to satisfy my hunger, I stood back up and grabbed my wallet on the way to the door. When I opened it, I felt my inner happiness leave me. "Ryan," I said casually, "what are you doing here?"

The black haired man in front of me sighed and switched all of his weight to his left leg. "I'm here to ask you why you didn't show up last night. I thought we had a date scheduled."

I looked up at him and squinted my eyes. "Sorry, Ryan. Just wasn't feeling up to it last night. Was Haley not a good enough date? I mean you left with her."