Chapter 2

I groggily opened my eyes and looked around. I was still in the hospital waiting room and using my father as a pillow. I sat up and removed my head from my dad's shoulder, wiping my tired and weary eyes of their sleepiness.
There was a man in a long, white coat walking towards us with a clipboard in hand. My eyes widened knowing he was walking towards us with news. I shook my dad and he awoke with a start.

"How is she?" He immediately asked waking up. He looked around and only saw me. "Oh. Sorry. What is it?"

I didn't say anything and pointed towards the doctor that was walking our way. My dad quickly woke up a little more and then stood up just as the doctor walked up to us. "So how is she?" My dad quickly asked him.

I stood up next to my dad, almost scared for an answer. I nervously glanced from the doctor and then back to my dad.

The next part almost seemed like it was in slow motion as the doctor's words came to me, but my mind didn't want to make sense of it. I was in too much shock to move; so I didn't.

But my eyes did.

I looked around the doctor and I finally found the strength to move as I watched three guys wheeling a gurney out of the same operation room that the doctor had just snuck out of. My eyes watched all of their faces that were full of sorrow and my eyes fell to the gurney which occupied a body with a sheet pulled up over its head.

There she was.

I remember screaming at the top of my lungs but no matter HOW loud I screamed, I couldn't even hear myself or anyone else in the room for that matter. I tried to run towards the gurney and chase after it but a pair of strong arms held me back.

"Ma'am. Ma'am. Ma'am!"

My head snapped up bringing me back to the present and I looked up to see a flight attendant and bright red lips right in my face. "Ma'am. We're about to land." Her breath smelled of peppermint as it all hit my face at once.

I nodded my head and it was then that I noticed how shaky my breath was and how hard I was breathing. I held my heart and laid back in the seat staring at the ceiling of the airplane as the flight attendant finally walked away.

"Bad dream?" Someone asked next to me.

I looked over and saw the older couple was still sitting there. The older woman was looking at me with concern, obviously being the one that asked the question.

"Yeah," I said quietly. "I guess you could say that."

*

The plane landed and I immediately shot up. I looked back to where I knew my bag was but I didn't want to go get it. Tattoo Guy set off really weird and creepy vibes, but I needed my bag. I sighed and ran a hand through my hair.

I took in a breath of air which gave me the courage to then make my way to the back of the plane to where I originally sat. I got to the seat but it was empty. Tattoo Guy wasn't there and neither was my purse. "Damn it." I said quietly to myself. I had just been robbed by some creepy and perverted foreigner. Great.

I groaned and walked back up to the front of the plane to get off. I would just have to come up with something once I got to the hotel that the modeling agency was providing for all the models.

I stepped off the plane and walked through the terminal. I got to the opening and immediately saw the sign for the directing of the bag return. I was started that way, when a voice called out to me.

"Ay, Indiana! Never would have thought older married men to be your type!" Recognizing the accent, I slowly turned around and saw Tattoo Guy leaning against the wall with a smug grin plastered across his face. "Because if that's the kind of men you're into, then I'm anything but your type."

I stomped over to him and I suddenly eyed my bag by his feet. "Can I have bag back?" I asked while holding my hand out.

"Why'd you lie to me?" He ignored my question and just stood up a bit taller.

"Lie to you about what?"

"Either you really are into older married men, which is just weird, or you lied to me about going to sit with your boyfriend." He crossed his arms again and took his spot back on the wall.

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever. Can I just have my bag back?"

He raised an eyebrow at me. "What's the magic word, princess?"

I gritted my teeth together. Who does this guy think he is? Now I was angry and I was done playing games. I had been in LA for 30 seconds and I was already having a horrible experience. "I shouldn't have to ask politely to get MY stuff back," I snapped.

He laughed. "Feisty one, aren't you? Maybe you are my type, after all."

I let out a cold and forced laugh with an eye roll. "Just give me back my bag, already."

"It's not nice to boss people around," he said increasing the size of his grin.

"It's not nice to steal women's bags," I said back in a mocking tone.

He raised an eyebrow again, this time even higher. "Touché." He reached down and grabbed the bag, holding it out to me. I reached for it but he pulled it away at the last second, only pissing me off further. "Now that I'm doing a kind favor for you, a name would be nice."

I crossed my arms. "Why?"

He shrugged a careless shrug. "I just want a name. That's all. I'll give your bag back and," he paused and pointed at me as I groaned and began to become even more irritated, "I'll even throw in my name."

"And what makes you think I want your name?" I asked him.

The guy chuckled and held his hand over his heart as if he was hurt. "Ouch. Just come on. Give me a name. Please?"

I pursed my lips and fought a small smile from the man's subtle flirting. "Alyssa."

His eyes widened slightly, but his devilish smile returned. "Here, Alyssa." He handed over my purse to me. "Now this is where you say, 'Thank you, Niall.'"

"Thank you, Niall." I have him a small smile for at least giving me my bag back and then started to turn around when he stopped me.

"Ay, Indiana," he called to me again so I wouldn't walk too far.
"I just told you my name," I said with a small chuckle.

He laughed back and stepped up to me. "Okay, Alyssa. Well, you know I was just thinking about how we just learned each other names." I nodded my head so he could continue. "You see, now that you know my name, you might as well put it to good use."
My smile fell. "What?"
He stepped a little closer to me. "I never did get that bathroom time I was really looking for on the plane."
"Uh no." I stepped back a few steps from him.
"Oh come on, princess," he laughed.
I suddenly turned angry again at everything he was saying- the name and the offer. "You want a good use for me knowing your name? Fuck off, Niall."
With that, I spun on my heel and marched away from the tattooed freak. Thank God I never have to see him again.

Sorry. I know it's a short chapter. :\
They will get longer, though. C: