Chapter 11

"Well, hello there, beautiful." He beamed. 

I gulped. "Excuse me." I squeezed the products to my chest and tried to move around him. 

"Hey, what's the rush?" He cooed grabbing my arm and swinging me back to the shelves in front of him. "It's awfully rude to ignore someone when they tell you 'hello'." 

He sounded like Niall when I first met him.

"Yeah, well, I'm kind of in a hurry. See, I got a kid to babysit so I really should be going." I tried once more to move around him but he blocked me and laughed darkly. 

"A kid can wait." 

I gulped again and looked up to his lustful brown eyes as he slowly licked his lips.

"Aye, Toby!" Someone yelled making him turn his head around. 

Toby took a step back from me. 

Part of me prayed it was Niall, another part of me prayed it wasn't.

"Corbin." Toby said back to the voice. 

I squeezed my eyes closed. Niall better not find me...

"Toby. Leave Alyssa alone, will you?" Corbin said shaking his head and walking over. 

"O- of course." Toby immediately answered. Was that a gulp? 

Toby took a few more steps back and sent me a wink before turning around and walking away.

I glared at him as he walked away and slowly stepped away from the shelf breathing heavier than I should have been. 

I turned to face Corbin who was glaring in the direction of where Toby walked off. 

"Sorry about him." He finally spoke. 

I looked up at him shuddering at the sight of his brown and purple jaw. The purple marks on his jaw were in the shape of Niall's fist.  

"It's not your fault." I stated quietly. 

"Yeah, but he needs to leave you alone. I mean, I could help him stay away from you. He is rather frightened by me." He chuckled. 

I forced a chuckle thinking about how Niall tried to make Toby leave me alone. "That's fine. You don't have to beat him up or anything. Niall already did that." I mumbled the last part. 

"I think you should stay away from Niall." Corbin spoke softly, but sharply. 

My head snapped up to look at him. "He says the same about you." I whispered. 

"He's just trying to get into your pants, Alyssa. He's not a good guy and he's not someone you should be around." His voice remained low and clear. 

I sighed and looked at the brown floor under me. I returned my stare back to Corbin and shrugged. "I don't know. I mean, he has done good for me." I smiled some. 

He shook his head. "I'm telling you Alyssa. All he wants is to get into your pants. It's what he does- it's who he is." His voice became stronger and more and more serious as he spoke on. 

I opened my mouth to say something but a voice behind me stopped me from doing so.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Niall voice rang through the isle. 

I spun around and saw Niall standing at the end of the isle. He started taking steps over to us as I took a few steps away from Corbin. 

"Did I not tell you to stay away from her?" Niall spat. "Or did you not learn your lesson?" Hairs rose on the back of my neck thinking about last night. The bruise on Corbin's jaw was a giant reminder of it.