Chapter 32

It was already going on nine-thirty and Alyssa still hadn't shown up or even replied to my text which I had sent a good hour ago. I had no idea where she would be, but I was starting to get a little pissed off and worried. Usually she would always respond to my messages or, at least if she didn't, it was because I knew she was mad at me. But as far as I knew, Alyssa wasn't upset with me. That was the main reason I was worried. I could only pray that she didn't figure anything out that she wasn't supposed to know and now was mad at me for it.

What if Ryan told her something? Did Ryan even know, himself? Whatever. I can't stand that little bastard anyways; mainly because I know that between me and Ryan, Ryan has the better shot at getting with her than I do. Alyssa's dad would actually agree to him - and does.

Anyways, I was still pretty pissed, but also worried, when it continued to go on ten, and then ten thirty, and she still hadn't messaged or called me. I guess it's always a possibility that her phone died, but if that were the case, that still didn't explain why she had yet to come over.

Maybe her plane was late and she was now sleeping in her room, too exhausted to come and see me? Or maybe her plane was late and she had yet to land? That seemed reasonable and, out of all of those, that seemed like the best option.

I climbed out of bed and quickly threw some sweatpants on over my boxers to see if she was at least in her room. I grabbed my room key, along with Alyssa's, and then wandered down the hallway to Alyssa's room. I checked under the door. No lights were on. If she was in there she was probably sleeping.

I shrugged and decided just to quietly invite myself in. Besides, if I were to come in at a bad time because she was changing or something, it wouldn't be like I haven't seen her before.

I unlocked the door and then flicked the light on once I stepped through the threshold. My face fell when I took in the sight of the perfectly made hotel room. It looked like it was being ready to be rented by someone. Her bag was gone, the bed was made, and all of her toiletries were gone from the bathroom. The only way I even knew she was still staying here was because of the clothes she left behind hanging on the closet.

So either her plane really was late, or she was with someone else. My eyes widened as it all dawned on me.

Corbin.

Of course she was with Corbin! Maybe that's why she wasn't contacting me because she was too busy with Corbin. I hope he's treating her good. As much as it kills me to say this, I actually hope that he's kissing her and tickling her, and just is making her laugh. The only reason that I hope for that, even though it hurts me, is because then I know that he is at least not hurting her.

Huh.

It's a strange thing when you truly care for someone. I'd rather be hurt by him treating her right and like a lady, rather than him mistreating her and hurting her. Not that I like it when she's hurting, because I feel a piece of me hurt, too, but I feel happy when she's in my arms telling me how much of a douche her excuse for a boyfriend is. I would rather be the one to kiss her and the one to hear and make her laugh every day and the one that she spends time cuddling with in bed while discussing the most stupid and random topics ever.

I wonder if she prefers to be in my arms over her boyfriend's. I would imagine so since she still chooses to cuddle up to me and whatnot even though her and Corbin are together.

I wish she was in my arms right now, honestly. Why couldn't she come to me instead of Corbin?

What does Corbin have that I don't, anyways? Why would she stand me up to hang out with Corbin, instead? We were supposed to hang out, and I may not even be 100% sure, but I'll bet you anything that she's with him, and not me. God, she shouldn't be with Corbin.