Chapter 21

*Alyssa's POV*

I kept tossing this way and that, but I couldn't sleep. I wish Corbin would come back already. His bed was way too big for only one person to sleep in. I don't know how he does it, honestly, because he told me he's not one to sleep around so he's had this big old bed to himself for a while now. I looked over at the alarm clock sitting on the dresser and saw that it was almost two in the morning. Thank God that tomorrow is Sunday and I don't have to work.
I didn't think he would be out this late when he said that he was going to a party. He didn't even seem like he wanted me to come. It's not like I haven't been to one of Zayn's parties before. Yeah, sure, maybe it ended with Niall beating up two people and then me almost getting raped, but I survived didn't I?
I jumped when I heard a door slam shut and I sat up pulling the soft crème colored comforter all the way up to my chin. Corbin stumbled into the room a few seconds later, whispering a few choice words under his breath as he tripped over his own two feet.
He was drunk. Again.
Great.

He reached over and flicked on the light, blinding me in the process. I closed my eyes and heard him give a throaty laugh. "Whoops." He slurred before turning the light back off. I reopened my eyes and watched him as he crossed the room and tore his shirt from his body, his tight black pants quickly following after. He turned to face me and I gasped.
"Corbin! What happened to you!" I squealed walking on my knees to the end of the bed where he was standing in his black boxers. There was just enough moonlight shining into the room and hitting his face for me to tell that he had a bruised jaw, again, and dried blood under his nose.

He shrugged as I took his face into my hands to observe his injuries. "Jus got inna fight, I guess." His eyes wouldn't even focus on me and would just casual wander to my chest. I groaned and got off of the bed before pulling him along with me to the kitchen.

I found a washcloth and wet it before wiping the red marks under his nose and seeing them disappear in only a couple swipes, now staining the washrag in my hand. When I was sure it was all cleaned up, I ran to the bathroom and threw the bloody rag in the hamper before running back out to the kitchen relieved to find that he was still standing in the exact same spot I left him in. Maybe he'll behave this time. I walked to the freezer and got a few ice cubes before wrapping them in a towel to reduce the chilly temperatures that the frozen water blocks had on skin. I turned around and was both relieved and surprised to find his eyes on mine, for once. I still couldn't help but groan as I saw how red and bloodshot they were and I quickly pressed the towel filled with ice to the ever-purpling mark on his jaw. He didn't even flinch against it.

"I'm fine, I promise." He said grabbing my hands and taking the cloth from me. He placed it in the sink and looked at me with dark eyes. No. I take it back. I don't think he will behave this time and he'll probably end up like the last time he was drunk. He stepped to me and I took a step back. His long arms reached for me and forcefully grabbed my hips bringing me to him. I placed my hands up for a defense, but they ended up just becoming sandwiched between our bodies. He dipped his head down to kiss me, and I ended up kissing back. I tried resisting the kiss last time and it just ended with a fight and him walking out the door again to consume more alcohol even though he was already well over the legal limit.

He moved his hands to just under my bum and motioned for me to wrap my legs around his waist. I complied and then wrapped my arms around his neck as he started to walk back to the bedroom. He kept his lips glues to mine as he rested me in the middle of the bed and just held himself up over me.
"I knew you'd wait up for me." He whispered against my lips. "You wanted some tonight, didn't you?" He smirked, but I didn't respond. He was wrong, actually, but after only seeing him drunk a total of three times, I already knew not to tell him he was wrong. I wasn't even looking for him to come home and have his way with me, I just couldn't sleep.
His hands found the hem of my sweats and he attempted to push them down my legs, but my hands found his, stopping his intentions. "Corbin, stop." I think he was the one that wanted some tonight.
"Why?"
"Because we can't. You're drunk." That wasn't the only reason, but it was a good reason to use at the moment as a good excuse.
"So?" He scoffed reconnecting our lips. "We can and we should. I want to. I want you."
I shook with nerves as he said that. I didn't want this. Maybe someday, but not yet, anyways. It took me a minute to finally figure it out, but once I did, I was surprised I didn't notice before. "Why do your lips taste like cherry?" I questioned.
"Mm." He said against my lips. "Must have been from one of the drinks I had at the party." He laughed before going back down to me. I thought he told me he didn't drink fruity drinks and he only drank "manly stuff"?