Chapter 50

*Niall's POV*

"So why are you turning yourself back in?" Jacob asked while briefly looking over at me as I sat in his passenger seat with all my stuff in the back.

I shrugged. "It was just the right thing to do. I couldn't do the job anymore and I figured going back was the best option for me." And Alyssa, my conscience whispered.
Jacob didn't say anything to me for a while and just let the wind shield wipers do their job as the morning rain rolled in. The rain wasn't helping my mood out any, that's for sure. It was like a bad tragedy movie where the sun never shines and the bad actor is just staring out the rain-covered window deep in thought.
I was definitely the bad actor who wasn't actually acting.

"Are you sure it wasn't because you slept with my daughter?" Jacob calmly asked while pulling up to a red light and my eyes grew two sizes in diameter. That didn't sound accusing at all.

"What?" What the fuck was he talking about and where did he get that idea from?

He slowly looked at me and I watched the blood rise to the surface of his face. "You did take advantage of my little girl, didn't you!?" In a heartbeat he reached over and fisted the collar of my white T-shirt in his hand.

"No, no! I promise I didn't! I didn't sleep with her, sir!"

That seemed to make him even angrier, even though it was the truth. He may have thought I was lying, but I wasn't. "Then tell me why the fuck I have Thomas on the phone saying that he heard you slept with my daughter!? It's going all around the agency and my daughter could be finished with her career because of you!" His face was close enough to mine that I could practically taste his breath, but I didn't comment on it. Instead, I was distracted by what he told me.

"What?" My eyes slowly transformed back into normal size. "Tom said... what? I didn't sleep with Alyssa. I promise." My calmer tone and stolid face must have given it away that I was being serious because his grip on my shirt loosened ever-so-lightly. "What are you talking about?"

He sighed and sat back as the light turned green and he was forced to drive again. "Apparently, a girl in the program brought it up to Tom's attention that a reason you left was because you slept with Alyssa, which he believes could be true." He briefly looked over at me and I gave him a confused look. "You know he's been watching you, right? Just to make sure you keep up with the contract?"

I sighed and leaned my head against the leather seats of his car. "Yes. I know that. Tom was there when you let me out of jail because he had to agree to me being the photographer, remember?"

Jacob's head snapped towards me. "Yes I remember! Stan was there, too, and you know why he was there. The plan there is still going to happen and if I find out that you did a thing to my daughter, I will make sure you stay in jail until you're able to actually come out." He kept pointing an accusing finger at me as his voice raised back up again.

I rolled my eyes as I remembered Stan and their plan together. "The plan you two have seems a little unfair in my opinion. You know, to Alyssa." I could hear my typical attitude settling in.

He glared at me longer than I would have expected him to since he's driving and if looks could kill, I'd be long gone. "Are you really going to question my plans for my daughter? And it is fair to her! She's met Ryan and they got along just fine!"

I rolled my eyes and just chuckled to myself. "Yeah. She really likes Ryan," I mumbled to myself, not intending on Jacob to hear.

"How the hell would you know how she feels about him? You're not her, nor do you know her that well!" Oh, but how wrong you are.