51. Dream

The platform began to move up when Xiaojun felt his heart will leave his chest from beating, a second later he was in the raising lights, the band has been past the intro to their first hit single already so it all began with Yangyang's insane rap. Xiaojun was giving his all rapping along his boyfriend, both out of breath when the song ended hurrying to take paces for the choreography. It was going so quickly like an eye-blink, so unreal almost the only place where you could feel truly alive.

Xiaojun could barely notice when the third song ended and a grand piano appeared on stage. The lights became soft, a pink and blue fog filled the bottom of the stage. Yangyang sat behind the piano when Xiaojun stopped in a light ray with the microphone that was almost slipping out of his sweaty hands.

Don't mess up, singing brings happiness, it has brought you to Yang, you can do it, he was telling himself listening to the smooth intro touching his pocket to feel the prophecy.

Hasn't it been for me singing, I would have never ended up on that bridge, would have never met Renjun and Paps, wouldn't be here in middle school to help out a boy with the most precious smile, would have never confessed on homecoming, never kissed Yang, never made him mine...

'How can I survive an eternity without you
My love
And how can I
Ever touch someone who isn't you, my love,' started Xiaojun with a faint voice, closing his eyes to fall back into those peaceful moments of singing into Yangyang's cutely drying hair.
'So tell me how can I survive
That peaceful night, that perfect night
when you're here
Yet miles away
Because, my love no matter what
mysterious cuts, forbidden thoughts
you're carving
In the substance of my heart
You are

my only safe space
So tonight, tomorrow and another day
Let me house
In your fairy tale

Like red
Like rain
Like in love
Like diamonds
Like tears
Like us

Like red
Like rain
Like in love
Like diamonds
Like tears
Oh, like us, like us..."
The chorus began to flow so smoothly, Xiaojun's heart almost bursting from happiness as he was here singing, finally singing, doing the only thing he has always wished to do, not in the darkness, not in a dusty attic, not almost noiselessly in a narrow bunk bed, but out here in front of an insane audience and rolling cameras, in the lights, on a huge stage.
Like red
Like rain
Like in love
Like diamonds
Like tears
Like us

Like red
Like rain
Like in love
Like diamonds
Like tears
Oh, like us, like us
Like red
Like rain.'
The last note faded when an applause broke out like a thunder, Xiaojun's chin trembling as tears began to storm down his face, a second later Yangyang was next to him using his sleeve to wash his face whispering something he couldn't understand.

"Thank you so much, we're Yangjun," shouted Yangyang to the microphone taking his hand when both bowed down. The lights went out, Yangyang helped him to find a way back backstage.

"We're so proud, so so proud," there were Renjun, Paps and MeiNei all three congratulating, Jeno tapping his shoulder, his manager giving him tissues and rubbing his back when Xiaojun hasn't woken up into reality yet, his heart still on stage singing his soul out and he knew from now on it will be his favorite state, as great as kissing Yangyang.

"Thank you, you're the best boyfriend," Yangyang's lips brushed his ear when the boy cuddled to his side.

Xiaojun had no idea how to put his happiness into words now, maybe he will write another song that could start with the lines - 'My boyfriend smiles to me
To make the world fall back into Alright
My heart flys over skies again
Falls heels over head again
Drowns in his arms, hearts are made to be loved,
Are made to be loved

My boyfriend brings me to the stars, talks about forever
Even sweeter when he speaks about love
Falls hells over head
Fulfills my heart, we ain't meant to be friends,
Meant to be in love,
Meant to be in love, as

I'm in love with my boyfriend
His good his bad side and his smile
I'm in love with my boyfriend
I love the sparkle in his eyes
I'm in love with my boyfriend
He's mean he's bitchy and we fight
I'm in love with my boyfriend
I love the starlight in his eyes.'
The melody was still playing in his head when Renjun squeezed him in tight hug whispering something into his ear, reserved only for him.

"Thank you Xiaojun. Me and Jae could never achieve to become successful singers, but you are here just starting to live your dream."

Much <3

Much <3