32. Sleeping on the terrace

The ride was boring soon MeiNei fell asleep cuddling to the plush rabbit, Baby Ti was scratching on the bars of her basket as she didn't like car rides.

"Mr. Jeno has sent me this new demo for us, wanted to ask you what you think about it?" Yangyang leaned towards him causing goose bumps to appear on his skin.

Xiaojun only turned to the window more.

"Stop being so stubborn," whispered Yangyang, a second later an earphone was pressed into his ear. A heavy beat made his body react. Music was the only thing apart from his best friend that was doing things to him.

Xiaojun glanced around to find Yangyang's face inches from his.

"Let's listen together it will be better," Yangyang blushed hard moving to his side resting his head on Xiaojun' shoulder when the boy froze.

"We stopped being friends," he muttered.

"Means we're boyfriends now," whispered Yangyang causing unwatered butterflies.

Means we're nothing thought Xiaojun yet couldn't press it out not with the music surrounding him, not with Yangyang's warmth capturing him.

Xiaojun caught his fathers exchanging meaningful gazes when he felt heat on his cheeks. Be strong he begged himself sitting still fighting with the urge to cuddle back into Yangyang.

Yangyang has fallen asleep with his head on his shoulder, two hours later Jaemin stopped the car in front of a cottage in the mountains so Xiaojun left the car first inhaling sharply as his body was in pain. Xiaojun was hurrying to the house, but he needed to stop at the door and wait as it had been closed.

"Are you ok?" asked Renjun giggling.

"Sure," Xiaojun shrugged.

"He should be happy there's anyone who's willing to lay him down for free, it's a pure miracle..."

"MeiNei!" Renjun raised his voice so she finally shut up.

"She's only bitter because there's no one who'd like to lay her down, no wonder with that personality," whispered Yangyang coming to him when MeiNei's face became purple.

"Kids enough!" Jaemin sighed reaching the front door opening it.

Xiaojun was sure he was asking himself why has he taken all of them for that trip.

They all walked inside the house to discover a spacious living room and an open kitchen.

"So there are two rooms upstairs, the bigger one is mine and Renjun's bedroom, the smaller is for MeiNei. You boys will share the room there right behind the living room," said Jaemin.

"I will not share a room with him!" shouted Xiaojun. "I'd rather share it with my stupid sister!"

"Never!" protested MeiNei.

"This is not a point for discussion it's already decided," said Jaemin in his calm yet strict way.

"Paps..." Xiaojun felt his voice cracking.

Yet he knew exactly the discussion was finished.

"Ok, if that's so I'll sleep of the terrace," hissed Xiaojun carrying his suitcase outside but no one said a thing.

The dinner Renjun had made was very quiet, a rain crossed over the mountains so they needed to stay inside. Jaemin lit up the fireplace, a nice warmth filled the house from the cracking wood.

MeiNei has disappeared upstairs when Renjun and Jaemin were cuddling on the couch. Xiaojun couldn't look so he took a sleeping bag he has found in the house, a blanket, a pillow and his guitar then walked outside spreading everything out on the terrace. It was chilly though, unpleasant as the humidity was sinking through his hoodie causing him to feel twice as frozen. Even wrapping himself up into the blanket didn't help much, yet he ignored taking the guitar out strumming it, playing a bit to find a nice melody.

'Missing...

Missing daylight in my hands...

love is

So much more than just romance

Night fall

Hasn't changed a bit

How your beauty captures me...'

"I'm so hopeless today," Xiaojun rubbed his face putting the guitar aside lying down in the sleeping bag watching the meadow that was leading down to a forest, the branches so thick, some fog strings raising above the green, all so peaceful yet unbearable.

The door cracked when Xiaojun looked up to see Yangyang. His stomach made a flip so he turned on his side facing the boy with his back.

"It's freezing," whispered Yangyang stopping above the sleeping bag.

"It's fine," Xiaojun hated himself for even answering that stupid statement.

"Will you really freeze here?" he felt how Yangyang lifted the sleeping bag sneaking inside cuddling to him as tightly as in that small bunk bed in the dormitory.

"Why are you doing it?" Xiaojun turned to face a sweet smile, messy orange brown hair and a pair of kitten like chocolate eyes.

"You know I love to cuddle to you," Yangyang grinned confidently.

"Stop pretending," Xiaojun was boiling over.

"Why are you even so mad?" asked Yangyang.

"Can you leave me alone and stop bothering me?"

"Not until you tell me why you're being the coward again?"

"I'm the coward!" Xiaojun raised his voice. "Guess who is too ashamed to admit he had something with me!"

 "Guess who is too ashamed to admit he had something with me!"

Thank you so much for your love. Did you enjoy the beginning of the family trip? Will Xiaoyang argue or find a way to talk it out?

Much <3