42. Like red, like rain

"What?" Whispered Yangyang.

"Damn! No!" Yelled Xiaojun sprinting towards his fathers' car that was driving off slowly.

"We'll be back in the morning, hope that's enough time for both of you to clear stuff!" Shouted Jaemin through the opened window before driving off.

"Paps! You can't do it to me! Paps! Please come back!" Xiaojun was running as long as he was able to catch a breath but the lights of both cars disappeared in the darkness.

Great. Amazing. He was swearing in his mind. Was going back on foot even an option but that stupid lake was so far from any civilization. They were stuck here. Great!

Xiaojun sighed loudly walking back towards the pier as staying in that bushy darkness was a bit more scary than facing that traitor Yangyang. There was always an option of drowning in the lake open, just in case.

"Have they just left?" Asked Yangyang, he was pale.

"As you see." Xiaojun shrugged.

"My father has given me the key to the yacht. There are warm blankets inside, it will definitely be a better place to wait than out here." Yangyang's voice was faint.

Xiaojun shrugged again, he had no interest in talking with someone like that, but he walked down the pier towards the boat lighting his way up with his phone.

It was a few hours to wait through, he could do that, wrap up in some blanket then sleep.

Yangyang ran down the pier jumping into the boat struggling with the lock.

Xiaojun followed hesitantly. They were totally quiet finding some lamps inside, lighting them up, opening a chest with pillows and blankets, Yangyang spread his out on the wooden bench in the cabin so Xiaojun took his out on deck. As far from Yang as possible.

There was just silence of the lake, cicadas playing in the grass, some small waves. Distant lights of planes in the sky. Xiaojun wrapped himself up in the blanket sitting there wishing for nothing more than morning to come.

Had he never sang on homecoming all of this would have never happened. Had he never met Yangyang. He was so good on his own, why did he need to meet Yangyang.

Couldn't time rewind to those peaceful middle school days, or to the bridge. He would be a poor orphan selling prophecies forever, yet definitely way more happy than now.

'How will I survive
An eternity without your love
And how can I
Ever touch someone who isn't you, my love
So tell me how can I survive
That peaceful night, that perfect night
when you're here
Yet miles away
Because, my love no matter what
mysterious cuts, forbidden thoughts
you're carving
In the substance of my heart
You are

my only safe space
So tonight, tomorrow and another day
Let me house
In your fairy tale

Like red
Like rain
Like in love
Like diamonds
Like tears
Like us

Like red
Like rain
Like in love
Like diamonds
Like tears
Oh, like us, like us..."

Was he singing his soul out again? When he knew exactly singing brings bad luck.

"You're as dumb as You're Lucky
As perfection as I can't stand your presence
Breaking promise, shuttering friendship
Crushing hearts
2.0 bro's in love can
Kiss, make love, argue, fall again.
Stay lifted in your arms
Be careless and happy
Stay, play, go, make up
Can 2.0 bro's kiss and stuff
Even though you annoy me each day
I can't wait to be alone with you again
As you are my Fairy Tale
Like red
Like rain
Two bro's in love."

Yangyang's rap sounded right behind him causing unwanted goosebumps.
"Like diamonds
Like tears
Like us." Sang Xiaojun quietly.

The last note faded in the cicadas concert, the silence of the night that filled the space was scary. It took moments until Yangyang approached sitting down on deck next to Xiaojun, he was also wrapped up in a blanket.

"Is it that song to my melody?"

Xiaojun nodded.

I wrote so many versions but none worked until being here with you, he thought even ironically.
Yangyang seemed troubled while sitting there not looking at him.

"Today when you came on stage, I just freaked out. My parents were in the audience and I was so afraid they'll think there's more between us." Whispered Yangyang when Xiaojun turned his back to him. "No listen! I had spent the past few months trying to convince them it was just curiosity, a teenage experiment and I have chosen you because you're my best friend so it's less awkward."

Xiaojun really wished Yangyang would stop talking because him talking was way worse than him being quiet.

"The moment you ran off I saw your fathers speak to my parents. I just left backstage where all the boys from my team were looking at me strangely, until one approached to say - why have you done it to that boy, it wasn't right especially as the chemistry when you were dancing together was something. I felt so ashamed of myself, realizing it's me who is so afraid to be gay, so afraid people will judge me, that I'm imagining their reactions so much worse then they really are. I'm a big coward, but I have always felt that way. That day when I saw you for the first time in front of our school my first thought was, wow he's so beautiful. That's why I approached you, did everything to befriend you, to be close. I was falling from day one, but I didn't grow up around gay people, I was just denying my feelings as my parents, they would be so upset. I started to date Sura, the hottest girl at school hoping it will change how I feel about you but it didn't. When I kissed her it was so blend, nothing special not even in a fraction as exciting as lying next to you on the bunk bed in my dormitory. How many times when you were asleep I was caressing over your hair imagining what will happen if I press my lips to yours. I didn't do it though as I was afraid you may wake up and I had absolutely no clue if you like me like that or what your sexuality is..."

Thank you for your support

Thank you for your support. I hope you enjoyed the chapter. What do you think about Jaemin's plan? What about the song finally coming to Xiaojun and Yangyang's words? Will they be able to talk it out?

Much <3