6. Space

"Hey, I have the signature, Paps has signed, we can start recording the album tomorrow."

Xiaojun opened the backpack taking the contract out showing to Yangyang who ignored.

"Why are you like that?" asked Xiaojun.

"Told ya," Yangyang was still straining at the phone.

"It was a stupid joke ok, sorry. I just wrote a new song and..." Xiaojun stopped.

What if Yangyang asks him to show the song.

"Anyway I'll take a shower change into my pajamas and come," Xiaojun fished his pajamas and towel out of the backpack.

"You have no point to change unless, guys is anyone of you sharing his bed with him?" asked Yangyang turning to the boys.

"He's your friend," Chumin grinned climbing onto his bunk bed.

Xiaojun was nervous, yet he walked to the bathroom at the end of the corridor to take a quick shower. He never liked that place much, the shared bathroom gave too less privacy especially as he was super insecure about his body, was he even attractive for anyone, he wondered about fifteen minutes later when he was brushing his teeth while watching his mirror reflection. A skinny boy with dark brown hair and thick glasses staring back at him.

Ok, he wasn't Na Jaemin, model of the generation. His father's handsomeness was bothering him much, made him feel even more like that ugly duckling who will never live up to Jaemin's too high expectations.

Xiaojun sighed drying his face with the towel then leaving the bathroom almost bumping into a tall guy in just a towel wrapped around his hips. He was definitely trying to show off his six pack to the whole dormitory. Disgusting.

"What ya looking at!" asked the guy closing his fists.

Xiaojun just shrugged escaping the bathroom running back to the room. The light has been already turned off, Chumin was snoring lightly, Seju was moving on the top bunk above Yangyang's bed.

Xiaojun was so frightened when he laid down lifting Yangyang's duvet slipping onto the small space left between his best friend and the edge of the bed. Yangyang was still wide awake his dark hair scattered on the pillow, it was slowly drying curling up into a lovely mess. Xiaojun could never move over the cuteness of Yangyang's morning hair.

He was fighting so hard against the urge to caress over it when he cuddled closer, Yangyang hasn't moved an inch clicking things on his phone, scrolling down photos of expensive music studio equipment.

"One day I'll buy an own studio," he said suddenly.

"Soon, Jeno will make us big," Xiaojun was trying to act calmly pretend he wasn't just getting drunk by Yangyang's scent or being intoxicated by his warmth.

"Show the new song," whispered Yangyang turning to him, the closeness they've been into causing Yangyang's hot breath to touch his face almost sending him over the edge. He was using all self control to not to close the gap between their lips, not to fall into this madness of his hopeless crush.

"Xiaojun, what? The song!" Yangyang tapped his arm.

"It sucks," whispered Xiaojun looking anywhere but at his friend.

"Why do you write songs that suck, don't write bad songs!" Yangyang was speaking loudly when Xiaojun chuckled about his adorable over energetic personality, he adored and hated just sometimes.

"So show the song."

"It's too bad to see daylight, I'll show you a better song once I write it," whispered Xiaojun.

"Sure," Yangyang trued from him what he was thankful for, while his friend skipped to the side giving him more space on that tiny mattress.

Xiaojun was boiling especially as Yangyang has made himself comfortable resting his head in the crack of his neck.

"You're annoying but warm, will kick you out next time, night," whispered Yangyang yawning in a cute way.

"Night," whispered Xiaojun lying still struggling hard to not to use the situation, not to caress that damn cute hair that was tickling the side of his neck.

Soon Yangyang's breath became even when Xiaojun was so far away from sleeping, his fingertips suddenly playing with Yangyang's hair strings absentmindedly.

'Music just made me believe

An imaginary space is the thing

Where supernovas can feel

And black holes are crying in fear

Where trees are speaking to flies

And stardust is just spreading lies

To space

You are, the only space I've ever had

The only human I have let

into my space

My space that is suffocatingly dark

I'm bullied at school,

my parents' marriage is falling apart

I want to be a superstar

And let the world hear

That there's a person like me

Who really needs his space

Yet you are, you are - space

You are - space, you are - space,' sang Xiaojun so quietly, barely hearable, so he really really hoped none of the boys has overheard.

"I'm really running out of ideas how to save my relationship," Renjun sighed loudly looking up at Taeyong and Jae who were sitting opposite to him in the castle's ballroom. "And this is not helping to see your best friend way too happy," Renjun threw the invitation for Chenle and Daisy's wedding on the coffee table.

It has reached him today opening a lot of old wounds, as he had had a hopeless crush on Daisy once. It was coming all back especially now when Jaemin was so distant.

"Take him fof a vocation," said Jae suddenly.

"What?" asked Renjun stunned.

"You know sometimes two people need theif space, just them no one else," Jae looked at Taeyong with dreamy eyes, Renjun was admiring the fact that they were still like teenagers in love.

"That's actually a good idea, we will take care of the kids," Taeyong grinned.

Thank you so much for your support and love. How did you like the chapter. What do you think about Xiaojun staying in Yangyang's dorm and his song? What about Jaeyong's idea to help a Renmin?

Also congrats to the Dreamies for their first show win😍

Much <3