37. Forgetting the sunlight

Xiaojun was alone when he woke up the next day. There was Yangyang's suitcase packed standing next to the wall. His best friend had no hope so Xiaojun couldn't have hope too. How long could it take for aunt and uncle to come here? As long as possible he wished sitting up finding his phone under the pillow.

'Where are you?' he texted.

'Set an alarm clock next time,' Yangyang's message came almost immediately. 'Walking next to the stream down the meadow. Met you stupid sister in the morning.'

Xiaojun trembled, he also would love to yell all possible swear words at MeiNei, yet it wouldn't help a bit.

'Btw, my parents have landed, they're on the way here,' another text came causing all hair to crumble on Xiaojun's head.

He jumped up then got ready to the day in fifteen minutes.

"Eat some breakfast!" Jaemin shouted behind him when he stormed out of the house a few minutes later.

Breakfast, who would care about breakfast when he has so less time left with his favorite person.

"Yang!" Xiaojun reached the end of the meadow to seee his best friend sitting on a stone watching the stream miserably.

"What?"

Xiaojun shivered. He really had no idea what to say.

No words were forming so he was just standing there looking at his feet.

"Promise me one thing, that you will continue what we have started. You're good enough to be a solo artist," Yangyang got up wrapping his arms around Xiaojun's waist.

"How can I... singing brigs bad luck... and I'm no rapper..."

"Stop! Stop trying to play the victim. I want you to damn go out there and sing. Because you're freaking singing half of the night into my hair and I'm tired of it. Go out on stage and sing there, where you supposed to sing."

Xiaojun was trembling, has Yangyang heard most of his private songs.

"I... I wouldn't be able..."

"Who has freaking said he's dreaming about the stage."

"That was in middle school," Xiaojun had no courage to look up at his friend.

"I'll hurt you, literal hurt you if after me leaving you will crawl into your room and lock yourself from the world."

"I will not..." Xiaojun looked into those beautiful stubborn eyes.

How could he lie to his friend? Yangyang knew him too good.

"Promise me."

"Why do you even!"

"Because I know you. I don't want to see you locked up for eighteen months forgetting how sunlight looks like."

"Good! Fine, I promise," Xiaojun sighed, he knew Yangyang will never leave him in peace if he won't. "Happy now?"

"Yes," Yangyang grinned widely pulling him closer until their nose tips touched.

The heat rising in Xiaojun's body levitated when Yangyang's lips filled his in a hungry kiss. They couldn't part, amazed, torn, in love. Just them, the way Xiaojun loved it to be. Small gentle touches and an avalanche of passion in their lips. His were squeezed, pressed, bitten, licked, loved.

A sound of the engine came like a rusting of a breeze that is a prelude to a hurricane. Yangyang's kiss stopped so abruptly.

"So bye," muttered Yangyang letting go off him walking up the meadow swiftly.

"What?"

Xiaojun still couldn't wake up from the kiss.

Long moments later he collected his courage to follow the path his friend has taken minus ago to see a new car parked in front of the house. There were aunt and uncle discussing something eagerly while Yangyang was standing with his head low.

"...what nonsense is that!"

Xiaojun heated aunt's sharp words when he closed the distance to the house.

"I've told you," Yangyang was as stubborn as always.

Uncle rubbed his face his dark eyes fell on Xiaojun who wished to become invisible.

Fortunately they didn't say anything though when Xiaojun ran pass them opening the door.

"I treated him like a son..." he heard aunt raising her voice the rest he didn't want to listen to so he slammed the front door shut,

Jaemin, Renjun and MeiNei were all in the living room sitting on the couch. MeiNei was cuddling to Renjun's side her eyes cried out.

"I really didn't want to hurt you or Yangyang," she whispered when Xiaojun inhaled sharply to not to start to yell at her.

"We tried to speak to Yangyang's parents but they didn't want to," Jaemin looked at Xiaojun seriously.

"Sure."

"Xiaojun if there was anything we could do..."

"Paps, I had no hope anyway, it's fine," Xiaojun walked to the room he had been sharing with Yangyang falling on the mattress lying down squeezing the blanket that still carried his best friend's smell, huge tears leaving his eyes against his will.

He was suddenly there sobbing like crazy unable to stop. The door squealed and through a blurry vision he saw his favorite person.

"Just came for the suitcase," whispered Yangyang.

Xiaojun only nodded trying to stop the tears yet new were coming without any warning.

"I'm sorry," whispered Yangyang walking out with the suitcase slamming the door shut.

Thank you so much for your feedback. I know it has been a heartbreaking chapter, so what do you think about Yangyang leaving? What will Xiaojun do? What will happen to their relationship and friendship now?

Much <3