5. Kidding

A text came with a delay.

'What😳😳😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱👽👽👽🤯'

'What??????????'

'WWWWWHHHHHHHAAAATTTT!!!!!!!'

Yangyang's text were multiplying causing Xiaojun's stomach to fill with butterflies. Would his friend be overreacting with jealousy now? Ah, the knew all too good Yangyang was just flipping out of curiosity.

'Who? Answer! Damn it!'

'I'm in love with music,' texted Xiaojun giggling to his phone.

'That's really the lamest joke ever. I'm quitting this friendship forever!'

Was Yangyang really offended, wondered Xiaojun when his wrist watch started to beep, as he had set up a timer for the conversation with Jaemin but totally forgot about that.

'Going to talk to Paps about the signature wish me luck,' he texted but the phone stayed silent so he sighed loudly getting up stumbling to his desk for the contract and a pen, his heart hammering like crazy when he walked through the corridor glancing into the living room. Jaemin was sitting at the small table on the floor cross legged eating a late supper. He was keeping some traditions, being rather strict as a parent.

"May I join," asked Xiaojun when Jaemin's tired eyes fell on him.

He only pointed at the pillow on the other side Xiaojun took hesitantly the papers sweating in his hands. They looked like trash already, how will he give them to Jeno.

"Um... I need your signature on this," Xiaojun decided to make it quick putting the papers and the pen next to Jaemin's rice bowl.

"Is this for school," asked Jaemin in his usual cold way.

Why has Renjun married such a guy, was the thing Xiaojun was wondering about many times.

Why not Lee Jeno who seemed so cool and chilled almost like an older brother.

"No, this is a record deal me and Yangyang were accepted by a producer, we want to start a band," said Xiaojun his voice and hands trembling uncontrollably.

Jaemin had this are you kidding me expression when he took the papers reading over them.

"Attic private agency?" he asked.

"Yes that's the name of the company," said Xiaojun biting his nails.

"You and Yangyang really have some imagination," Jaemin sighed. "What kind of band is it."

"Rap Duo, we are rappers," said Xiaojun his cheeks burning.

"Rap?" asked Jaemin stunned. "Can you rap?"

"Yes," Xiaojun nodded.

"What about singing?"

"I... I don't sing... I mean I can't, even Ti would run from home if I did so be happy..."

"Ok, ok, enough," Jaemin grabbed the pen. "But this will not collide with school?" he looked at Xiaojun seriously.

"No, promise I'll keep my straight A grades, I'm smart enough to handle both."

"Ok, Attic Private Agency, that's a name," Jaemin chuckled putting his signature in all the required places before throwing the papers back to him. "Anything else?" he asked.

"No, thank you so much once we debut you'll receive a vip invitation to our first performance." Xiaojun got up squeezing the papers in his hands his toes dancing in his socks.