2. CD

"Yes," the guy stopped bouncing to the rhythm looking at him.

"Um... I would like to ask you to listen to my demo, me and my friend..." Xiaojun took the CD out with trembling hands.

"Sorry kid, I receive thousands of demos a day," Jeno chuckled passing him walking through the dance floor when Xiaojun ran behind him covering his way.

"Please jut one try, if you won't like it you can throw it away!" he begged.

"Kid, relax a bit, find a nice model to dance with, enjoy the night," Jeno winked.

Xiaojun saw two bodyguards approaching them through the crowd.

"I'm Huang Renjun's son, please I don't want to debut through DL or SJ, I need you to help me," said Xiaojun when Jeno's eyes widened.

He raised his arm giving the bodyguards a sign to step back.

"Me and my best friend are a duo of rappers recording our own songs. Please give it one listen, my number is written on the CD in case..." Xiaojun was so nervous his voice cracked when Jeno was watching him in an indecipherable way.

"Ok," he said taking the CD. "Have a blast tonight Xiaojun," he smiled in a nicer way walking through the room bouncing to the beat again when Xiaojun washed some sweat off his forehead.

It was hard for him to reach a couch in the lounge in front of the ballroom as his legs seemed weak.

'Mission accomplished,' he texted quickly feeling some huge burden lifting off.

If Lee Jeno would accept them he could show everyone he doesn't need a Lee Taeyong as a grandfather, a Na Jaemin as adoptive father or anyone, he could do it on his own.

Jeno was a rapper himself so Xiaojun strongly believed they could create a masterpiece together as they had similar taste in music.

'Wow! Wow! You're the best! I'd kiss you if it wouldn't be weird'

Yangyang's text lit up his phone causing one million unwanted butterflies.

Xiaojun ignored getting up calling the taxi service hoping the money Jaemin has given him will cover for the ride back to Yangyang's house. The night was fresh the city lights bright when he walked down the huge marble stairs then slipped into the waiting cab. Jaemin might never find out he has been here, he didn't care anyway what was there to worry about.

The next half an hour will be just drifting through the town in that car, so he could use it creatively. Yangyang didn't like the lines he had written tonight, too less down to earth. Rap should describe the core of reality, the essence of life, thought Xiaojun opening his projects pressing the hidden track on his phone, a raw demo with just acoustic guitar and his voice recorded in the attic of Jaeyong's castle so no one would ever hear he had dared to sing. Even if singing was bring bad luck, tonight in that melancholic place, between bitterness of hopelessness and fragile hope, he couldn't listens to anything else. The song written about the only human he has never despised, because the whole galaxy couldn't contain a power, a beauty as one of his smiles had. Yet he could never find out, no one could ever find out about his most forbidden desire going towards the one he will never ever have. The chords he had pressed on the strings in the dusty static world of the attic sounded in the earphones, followed by his soft singing voice he hated more than anything in his life.

'My best friend smiles to a girl on the school yard

My heart dies a bit again,

falls heels over head again

Crushes against his smile, hearts ain't made to be smart

ain't made to be smart

My best friend brings me on the edge, talks about hate

Even worse when he talks about love,

falls head over her

Breaks my tiny heart, hearts ain't meant to be, but

Friends ain't meant to be, but

I'm in love with my best friend

His good his bad side and his smile

I'm in love with my best friend

I love the sparkle in his eyes

I'm in love with my best friend

He's mean he's bitchy and we fight

I'm in love with my best friend

I love the starlight in his eyes.'

"Yangyang be quick!"

Autumn has started bringing rainy season like weather. It was slowly clearing off though, the small drizzle wasn't bothering Xiaojun much when he was running down the street along some empty restaurants, meeting students hurrying from school to extra classes or to libraries, all looking at him and his best friend strangely.

"Stop sprinting! Why aren't you such an ace during PE classes?" Yangyang was panting loudly when he reached him, both stopping in a puddle as Xiaojun's trainers were soaked anyway.

"We are meeting Lee Jeno at 3:30, this can change our lives!"

"What if he tells us the demo is trash?" Yangyang sounded worried.

"He wouldn't waste his time on meeting us then, trust me I've met him, he's like that, so hurry!" Xiaojun ran down the street ignored the muddy water splashing on his school uniform pants, Jaemin won't see it so he won't be told off, Renjun was always closing an eye on his scruffy lifestyle.

They crossed a bigger street, run between a street market until Xiaojun reached a building with the name 'Attic privacy Agency' above the door. An elevator was leading to floor 3 where the boys knocked to a sound prove door.

 An elevator was leading to floor 3 where the boys knocked to a sound prove door

Thank you so much for your magnificent support on the first chapter. I'm happy most of you really enjoy Xiaojun's character. What do you think about Xiaojun getting Jeno to listen to his demo and his secret song? What will Jeno tell the boys?
Also I'm so excited for the Dreamies comeback.

Much <3