14. Sunshine

"No, come on, I won't do it with her... I mean I could, but not now, no... definitely not now," Yangyang became red.

"Good so," whispered Xiaojun darkly turning back to the wall.

What will you come up with first sex before prom or other shit, yelled his mind, but he stayed silent as always just suffering and surviving, like in the orphanage, like in Jaemin and Renjun's house, his last safe place gone, his space gone, the only human he loved gone. How could he survive when he was so small and weak, so lonely. He hated Yangyang with all his heart, but he couldn't deny the fact that Yangyang's warm arms wrapped around him were the only remedy.

"I've heard MeiNei was crying in the girl's bathroom, she got dumped by Park Deru," the two annoying girls from his class that were sitting in the bus in front of him were gossiping quietly.

"I've heard it was because... I'll tell you on the ear," their whispers became indecipherable when Xiaojun sighed turning towards the window. The bus finally stopped at a rest area, so he will be able to spend a few minutes alone, far from that loud girls and definitely far from Yangyang who was in a great mood texting Sura all the time both sending each other signs through the aisle.

It was disgusting.

"Iiiiiiii!!!!" Sura squealed jumping from her seat.

"Has a bug beaten her?" asked Xiaojun miserably when the girl and her best friend hurried their way.

"Honey, have you seen. Your single is number one in charts in eight countries," she stretched her phone towards Yangyang's face.

"What! Wow!" Yangyang took the phone from her. "Look! We are first in charts! We did it!" Yangyang suddenly jumped at him hugging him tightly.

Xiaojun stiffened, the news that would make him extra excited on another occasion was bitter now.

"Wow! So cool! Wow!" Yangyang was smiling so widely.

Xiaojun just nodded when his friend let go off him.

"Are you guys coming to use the restroom," their teacher came into the bus.

"Coming!" Yangyang got up wrapping his arm around Sura kissing her cheek when both walked out followed by Sura's friend.

"Xiaojun are you coming?" Yangyang turned to him.

"I'll stay," Xiaojun tried to smile but there must have been a strange grimace on his face.

He took his phone out concentrating on it his vision blurring, when he bit his lower lip to not to cry.

The day was way too long, after hiking for four hours the group has reached the observatory at the top of the mountain. There was a meadow behind it where the teachers told them to put up the tents. It was hectic and uncomfortable, Xiaojun was working at the edge of his strength. The fellow students were annoying him terribly as Sura had spread the news about their number one single, so now they were the middle of attention from girls especially. A few classmates even asked him for an autograph he signed with a fake smile. He has always pictured himself on stage singing, performing, but not all that bothering from people that came with fame. Yangyang was enjoying it though walking around the camp side followed by a bundle of enthusiastic girls, his smile wide. Sura wasn't leaving his side the whole time, she was so fake really, why has she never even noticed Yangyang when they weren't famous?

But it was Yangyang's choice, if he liked to be a clown way free.

"Can you sing for us?" asked their classmates when everyone sat down around a crackling fire after nightfall.

"I can't sing," muttered Xiaojun miserably.

"He can play guitar amazingly," Yangyang smiled taking the school's guitar their music teacher has brought for the trip handing it to him. "I can't sing either but I can rap for you," Yangyang became a little red.

"What should I play?" asked Xiaojun.

"Just give me a beat."

Xiaojun nodded strumming the guitar, finding an upbeat rhythm that would fit Yangyang's energetic personality.

'Sunshine,

You have fallen from the sky

Hit me hard,

Sunshine, yo... crush... crush... ey

Yo... yo.. ey... ey... Sunshine...'

Yangyang laughed awkwardly when all eyes were on them.

"He's warming up," Sura giggled.

"Actually that song wasn't finished," Yangyang became red glancing at Xiaojun begging for help.

Whatever, he could rot, his trainee girlfriend should help him out, thought Xiaojun bitterly his hands working on the strings finding a melody that was right to the freestyle Yangyang has made.

'Sunshine

You have wrapped the sky in night

When you've fallen from cloud nine

Hitting two strings in my heart,

Burning ashes of your love

Splashed to paint the night in stars

Ey ey Sunshine

What's your name

Ey ey Sunshine

Your eyes say crush

Crush

Ey ey Sunshine

I'm a homeless heart

Ey ey Sunshine

My lips say love

Love'

Xiaojun stopped to rap looking up form the guitar on the frozen crowd that was watching him. Yangyang was the first to clap.

"Have you just came up with that?" asked Sura's friend.

"He's a genius, all Yangjun's lyrics are to thank to this man," Yangyang tapped his shoulder when the other students clapped.

"Wow, Xiaojun what has to be in your brain to come up with things like that?" asked the tall guy he was always bumping into in the boys' dormitory bathroom.

Xiaojun just shrugged he wished they all would stop looking at them that way.

"I think I'll be going to sleep it's late," he got up placing the guitar against the trunk he was sitting at then walking to his tent quickly.

Thank you for your beautiful support and your kind words under the previous chapter. You are the best ☺️ what do you think about the start of the school trip and Xiaojun's song? How will their night unfold.

Also the amazing @zhonglulu127 has made her version on the song 'Sunshine' that appeared in this chapter so if you'd like to listen to it check out her instagram 💕

Much <3