36. Singing for your best friend

It was past ten pm when the door to the room crackled. Xiaojun looked up from above his phone screen to see Yangyang, with a puffy rosy face for staying outside in the cold for too long and fro crying.

They looked at each other yet non seemed to have any idea what to say.

Xiaojun saw Yangyang taking his jacket off throwing it on the floor, a moment later he sat down next to him cuddling to his side.

Xiaojun just wrapped his arm around him, Yangyang's hoodie was cold and moisture, his palm frozen so Xiaojun wrapped it into his hand to warm it up.

"I will go tomorrow, my parents will force me to go," whispered Yangyang.

"I know," Xiaojun felt his heart breaking into pieces. "It's freaking 18 months until you're eighteen. We can survive 18 months, right?"

"What else do we have left," Yangyang rested his head on his shoulder when Xiaojun cuddled him tighter.

There was just silence buzzing until Yangyang looked up their eyes meeting, Xiaojun drowning in them leaning in to kiss Yangyang burning lips. It was a sad kiss, one filled with so much missing and all the unspoken words. Yangyang pulled back when Xiaojun brushed his nose tip and lips against the boy's neck. Will he really survive 18 months without his favorite person. 18 months without that intoxicating scent, the taste of their kisses. He brushed his lips to Yangyang's skin as if he wished to remember each tiny bit of it. They only had tonight left to be so close.

"Can you sing for me?" asked Yangyang when Xiaojun was getting drunk just by the salty texture of his skin.

"Don't you want..." Xiaojun blushed.

"No, I'm too sad for sex, besides it will be even worse when my parents will see me crawling to meet them tomorrow."

Xiaojun only chuckled.

"Yeah, you're right."

"Of course I'm right, I'm always right," Yangyang even managed to smile. "So stop your naughty head and sing."

Xiaojun blushed hard, great now his friend was definitely sure he's some psycho sex addict. To get over the embarrassment he started to hum 'best friend' both cuddled for a long time until Yangyang decided to go and take a shower. Xiaojun has already been in his pajamas so he laid down waiting thinking hard about ways to convince Yangyang's parents to make him stay, but he couldn't find any. He knew exactly they were extra disappointed with him, so he was afraid to meet them the next day. The idillic place he took shelter in, what their house has been for him will never be open for him to enter again. Their beautiful son will be definitely forced to cut off each form of contact for 18 months. 18 months, this number was burning in his head. Was it really possible to survive 18 months without Yangyang. The door opened, Yangyang went into the room then slipped under the duvet watching Xiaojun in a tired way. Xiaojun noticed he had some tears in the corners of his eyes so he scooped closer giving Yangyang's wet lips a sweet peck.

"You know I..."

"Stop. I don't want to hear any love confessions or any other bullshit!" Yangyang raised his voice. "We have to stand that freaking 18 months so there are rules."

"What rules?"

"Whatever the world may thing we're just bros, ok," Yangyang was serious when Xiaojun sighed.

"We always are, no matter what..."

"Yes so let's keep it that way."

"Can bros kiss?"

"Stop being weird," Yangyang rolled his eyes. "We're living in a freaking 2.0 society, of course they can lick and stuff," Yangyang's cheeks became redder.

"Sure," muttered Xiaojun feeing something scratching his throat.

A moment letter Yangyang pulled him in into a deep tongue filled kiss. They were making out for a long time, melting in each other lips so perfectly. Xiaojun was completely messed up when Yangyang pulled back making himself comfortable tangling into his body like last night.

Will I be able to get used to sleeping alone again, thought Xiaojun staying awake listening to his best friend's breath till it became even.

The pretty mess of Yangyang's drying hair couldn't calm him though, not even when he started to play with it.

'I want to tell you

We're alright,

we will survive the madness crushing

Into our tiny world

It's just a little bit of time

Apart, whatever we're just young

It's nothing

I want to tell you

It's a lie

My heart has changed I can't

Survive

without you, so stay and

Be mine,

Damn we can change the world

Run off and date

I want to call you boyfriend,

not, a friend

Come one, we're done for good

With, playing pretend

You are the love of my life

Stay,

as I will not survive a day

Without you Yang.'

Thank you for your love

Thank you for your love. Did you like the chapter? What do you think about Yangyang's rules to survive their time apart? What about the night they have as a goodbye? Will Yangyang's parents take him away from Xiaojun?

Much <3