4. Silly cover up

"Renjun, I wanted to apologize for my sharp words, the last time we spoke through the phone," Jaemin's cheeks became red. "I'm also worried, I don't even know. I guess we can't bring up children. Don't know why," Jaemin was sad, he was speaking while facing his palms. "I'm sorry for letting it out on you, I really am."

There was a silence vibrating when Renjun was looking down the corridor towards the closed doors to his son and daughter's rooms.

"We'll find a way to fix it, puberty hit them hard, maybe we should simply give them time," whispered Renjun risking to caress over Jaemin's palm.

Jaemin just looked up at him tired sad eyes with extra long eyelashes. Beautiful.

He leaned in his eyelids falling when Renjun felt burning lips on his mouth. He just pulled Jaemin closer sinking in the kiss, in Jaemin's fluffy hair, the soft skin of his neck. Jaemin's hands became significant on his body. He hasn't seen his husband for over a month now so it was so new yet so known like getting to know each other again, like in that hotel room in Hawaii years ago, between time and space when he has been touched by Jaemin like this for the very first time.

Their kisses becoming so hungry, so needy it hurt to have layers of clothing between them and their fire.

"Ergh! Stop making out it's disgusting!"

They jumped form each other when Renjun saw MeiNei standing in the hallway watching them with hate.

"Young lady it's time to sleep," said Jaemin seriously when her face became even more sour.

"I'm not a child!" She protested loudly.

"Not adult either!" Jaemin got up form the couch.

"Says the one who has been licking Renjun when he was just my age," she was spitting out arrows aimed precisely to kill, Jaemin's face became deeply red.

"To bed now and enough of this nonsense," Jaemin's voice was calm but stone cold like towards him through the phone three days ago.

"When have you become like this... am I not your princess anymore... you... couldn't you..." huge tears started to roll down her face. "I hate you!" she turned around running to her room closing the door with a loud bang.

Jaemin was still red when he walked to the coffee table to fill a glass with water, he seemed to have aged in a few seconds.

"I think she loves you as a man not as a father," whispered Renjun when Jaemin's hand trembled so badly he spilled a part of the water.

"Renjun don't be ridiculous," he said in the same serious way.

"She's not your biological daughter, it's possible that she has feelings like that. I mean I was her age when I fell head over heels..."

"How am I supposed to feel now?" Jaemin banged the glass against the table top spilling the rest out.

"Sorry. Just... let's return to kissing and make it all right at lest for now," whispered Renjun.

"I have a jet lag I need to rest," Jaemin left the room, a second letter the door to their bedroom banged shut. Ti raised her head in a scared way when Renjun took her into his arms.

Ok, he could sleep on the couch again. How could it even be possible he had a husband and two children, all at home yet he felt totally lonely.

The signature was giving Xiaojun sleepless nights, two days ago the papers Yangyang's parents had send with a quick mail has reached them.  Now his friend became twice as annoying reminding him constantly he needs the signature yet there was no way he could ask any of his fathers officially. He had spent endless hours trying to fake Renjun's signature but none was perfect enough.

"Get it till the morning or I'll ask one of your fathers personally!" threatened Yangyang through the phone.

It was really late, Xiaojun could hear Jaemin yelling at MeiNei, as his sister was definitely leaving home again not planning to come back tonight. Xiaojun was only seeing her hanging out with some so called cool losers at school, making out with a lot of different boys. "Rumor has it she has slept with half of the school team," said Yangyang a few weeks ago as he liked to update himself on the latest gossip from time to time. Xiaojun had no idea if that was true nor did he care, she was Renjun and Jaemin's problem, he could live even better without her, if by any chance they decide she's causing too many problems and bring her back to the orphanage. The pastor who was leading it would go bald in a month for sure having to deal with her.

Finally the mad yelling in the living room stopped. Xiaojun glanced at his wrist watch, he will give Jaemin half an hour to calm down then he'll go and ask for the signature, it couldn't be worse than anything MeiNei was doing so it might actually work. Jaemin will be too tired to lead another battle and sign, and then... hello superstar life. Xiaojun took his guitar falling on the bed playing some random scales watching the collection of Polaroids hanging above his bed. The one on a pier, shoot this summer when him and Yangyang were doing a boat ride along a huge lake with Yangyang's father caught his eye. Yangyang had his arms tightly wrapped around his neck, holding the camera up while back hugging him. Xiaojun chuckled to his uncombed thoughts.

'What are you doing?' Yangyang's text lit up his phone.

Thinking about you, I mean the signature, he thought.

'Thinking about the signature, I'll get it tonight,' he texted quickly before throwing the phone back on the duvet.

Is just a silly cover up

Guess what

I'm thinking about you, again'

He sang quietly playing an upbeat rhythm to it.

'Could your annoying little games

Be just a silly cover up

Guess what

I'm thinking about you, again

Let's talk about love.'

Xiaojun was playing getting totally lost in the song, the world around him disappearing like by a magic spell, all problems gone. He could dive into this world finding his personal escape. It was space, yes the only thing able to create space in his life. Even if it was just imaginary space it was the core of survival, in the orphanage, here.

'Ah I'm in love,' he texted Yangyang putting the guitar aside.

Thank you so much for your support. What do you think about the chapter, about Renmin fighting again and Xiaojun's plan? Will he get the signature? How will Yangyang react to his text?

Also how are you enjoying Dreamie's comeback? What's your favorite song?

Much <3