22. Baby Ti

Jaemin's rambling in the bedroom woke him up, Xiaojun needed a moment to realize why he's here.

"Are you up?" asked Jaemin storming the living room.

"Yes."

"We will go to visit Renjun, we just need to buy Baby Ti a basket on the way."

Xiaojun only nodded rolling over to grab his phone from the slipper it had been in, checking the message feed to find it totally empty. There was only that one text he had sent Yangyang last night - 'I spoke to Paps, told him what I feel, you can't imagine how different it was', but no replay.

'Are you up?' he texted pressing send staring at the screen like fixed yet Yangyang wasn't responding.

Xiaojun sighed getting up collecting his things then reaching for the glasses on the coffee table, the hotel room became clear.

"Will half an hour be enough for you to get ready?" asked Jaemin rolling a packed up suitcase into the room.

"Sure," whispered Xiaojun taking his yesterday's clothes, as he had nothing to change in then walking to the bathroom.

"You can stay as long as you want, we want you to feel comfortable," Daisy placed a huge bowl with oatmeal and fruit on the coffee table next to the couch he was lying at.

They have given him a beautiful bedroom but Renjun couldn't sleep much, so he preferred the couch, at least here he could see Chenle or Daisy coming by in their daily routines. The tiredness was making Renjun's body so weak he was mostly lying anyway, feeling so useless, so lonely. Taeyong, Jae and MeiNei were coming to visit each day but Xiaojun has got lost somewhere, probably in Yangyang's dorm. Renjun believed his son might have been blaming himself too much for Ti's death and was ashamed to face him, yet Renjun didn't even have enough strength to be mad. He just missed Ti as she was giving him her presence when no one else did, became the closest companion in his misery, she was like a sister, he actually couldn't believe he'll never see her again, although he preferred to think about missing Ti than Jaemin. He should actually call a lawyer, sign the divorce papers, give Jaemin the freedom he was longing for, just let go of everything.

The pain in his belly became significant so he groaned when Daisy looked up.

"Renjun are you in pain?"

"It's fine it's a part of me by now, it will never leave I guess."

"Can me or Chenle help somehow?"

"No, no one can help me," for the millionth time in his life he was overthinking what would have happened if Chenle had never kissed Daisy, what if him and her... would his life have been better?

There was a ringing to the door, a moment later Daisy hurried to open. It were definitely Taeyong and Jae coming to help him in his misery, thought Renjun listening to the conversation at the door.

"Come in," Daisy's tone was irritated so he looked up to see Xiaojun walking inside with his head low.

"Dad... hi..."

"Xiaojun, where have you been?" Renjun raised up on the couch groaning.

"I'm deeply sorry for what happened to Ti, I didn't mean to hurt her. I was mad at... just mad and... anyway, I had brought you a present, it was Yangyang's idea so please don't be mad at me."

Xiaojun's hands were trembling when he opened his arms letting Ti out on the carpet. Renjun almost screamed when the kitten sprinted his way.

"This... This..."

"She looks like Ti so we called her Baby Ti, but if you don't like her I'll bring her back to the owner."

Renjun's racing heart calmed a little when the kitten cuddled to his legs.

"I think it's too early," he whispered but there was something warm inside him when he was looking at the kitten that jumped up the couch then on his lap nuzzling her head to his arm.

"I think she likes you way more than me or Jaemin," muttered Xiaojun with a smile.

"Jaemin?" asked Renjun buffed.

"I stayed with Paps last night, met him in the cat shop, he wanted to pay for her but Yangyang was supper stubborn so he had paid," Xiaojun's cheeks became extremely red.

"Wait, one by one I don't get a thing," Renjun was watching his son totally stunned.

"I think Jaemin also had the idea to buy you a new Ti, but we were first as this was the only one looking like her twin in the whole city," Xiaojun crouched down and caressed the cat.

"Why would he... he... he wants to..."

"Divorce," whispered Xiaojun lowering his head.

"How do you..."

"You had the papers, I took them and read through, they're pretty mean... anyway, Paps is here he has brought me, wants to talk to you but sent me in first with Baby Ti. I hope she, she can make your day, no matter how Paps decides. I... whatever... yes, will leave you and Paps alone now... and keep my fingers crossed," Xiaojun stood up leaving the room quietly when Renjun was sitting there, the kitten still on his lap cuddling to him while he was too overwhelmed to understand. There was a crack, a moment later Jaemin entered the room his face pale.

"Hi," Jaemin approached taking Xiaojun's spot on the floor inches form him.

Renjun's heart began racing so much it was almost leaving his chest.

"Please make it quick, I... I'll sign the papers," whispered Renjun as he knew he won't be able to stand it for long.

 I'll sign the papers," whispered Renjun as he knew he won't be able to stand it for long

Thank you so much for your beautiful feedback. Actually I have mistakenly posted a chapter on Saturday, but it's ok, I'm glad you gave it a lot of support.
So what do you think about Yangyang not answering Xiaojun's texts and Xiaojun coming to apologize to Renjun? What will Jaemin say? How will Renjun react?

Also happy Taeyong day🎊🥰

Much <3