10. New guard

"Paps I'm too smart to get detention," Xiaojun fixed the glasses that were falling on the edge of his nose but he had been in a hurry this morning, has forgotten his lenses at home.

"Ok, ok stop that nonsense, why are you here?" asked Jaemin a little irritated.

"Wanted just... to invite you for this," Xiaojun lifted the vip Pass he has received from Jeno handing it to Jaemin who looked at it buffed.

"Yangjun's debut performance on Music Bank," he read out loud. "Is this..."

"Yes, we will have the big day tomorrow and I want you to be there to thank you for allowing me to purchase my dream," said Xiaojun his hands trembling.

"Wait, but to debut and... you need to have a record deal first."

"You've signed the deal five months ago," Xiaojun was tense.

"This attic private agency?" asked Jaemin.

"It's Lee Jeno's company," whispered Xiaojun when Jaemin's face became ghostly pale. "So you had no idea..." he asked becoming all scared.

Jaemin was watching him as if he had transferred into some alien species.

He took a few loud breaths in, his knuckle were white from squeezing.

"Go home I have the shooting to end," said Jaemin through clenched teeth.

"Will you be there?" asked Xiaojun with hope but Jaemin only turned around showing him his cold back when Xiaojun lowered his head.

"Is he mad?" asked Yangyang coming to him.

Xiaojun just shrugged turning around leaving this place especially as his chin was trembling dangerously, couldn't he hear at lest once, I'm proud of you Xiaojun.

It was past 10 pm when Xiaojun left the convenience store in Yangyang's dorm area, after the incident with his father he was afraid to go home. Three packages of jellies were tugged under his arm when he opened the glass door to the building stopping at the guard's counter slamming the packages on it.

"So have a good night," he winked when a man looked up at him stunned.

"And you are?" he asked with a low voice.

"Um... where is Mr. Cho?" asked Xiaojun in shock.

"I took over his job now," the man crossed his arms, he was way younger, maybe his grandfathers' age.

"Do you possibly like jellies?" asked Xiaojun pointing at the packages.

The man only sent him a killer glance.

"Would you possibly bend to jellies, no, chocolate, coffee, bubblegum... money maybe."

"Boy leave or I'll call the cops," said the man.

"There must be something that would make you bend," Xiaojun lowered his voice.

"Xiaojun!"

He jumped up hearing his name turning around to see Yangyang hurrying towards them.

"Come," Yangyang pointed at the front door when the guy sent them a curious glance.

"Is he your boyfriend?" he asked looking at Yangyang who became deeply red.

"Man! I will be dating the hottest girl at school soon!" shouted Yangyang running out so Xiaojun followed on weak legs.

They reached the bench in from of the building sitting down Xiaojun's heart beating uneven.

"The new guy is annoying as you see, it's complicated you won't be able to sneak in," Yangyang wasn't looking at him.

"I'm afraid to go home."

"I get it but you just have to put your courage together, tomorrow is our big day. Renjun will be there so Jaemin might be a bit nicer, don't worry so much," Yangyang nodded his head when Xiaojun felt something smothering.

"Guys, I'm closing the door in 10 minutes, if you want to sleep in your room don't be late!" the guard shouted their way chuckling under his nose.

"Hate that guy," Yangyang sighed.

"You can come to me, sleep in my room, we can work on music," whispered Xiaojun his heart jumping uncontrollably.

"See you tomorrow for prerecording," Yangyang got up walking towards the door slowly. "Just take a taxi home most subway lines are closing soon. And sent me a message once you reach the flat," Yangyang's eyes were on him something so strange in the air of the chilly autumn night.

"I'm fine I can deal on my own," Xiaojun's palms were tingling, his breath short when Yangyang was watching him in the same intense way, like he has never been starred at before.

"I know you can deal on your own, it's just... I will be worried about you, I want you to go home safe," he was falling into pieces under Yangyang's stare, wished nothing more than to run to his friend pull him into a hug and never ever let out of his embrace.

"Sure," he shrugged lowering his head, the magic moment bursting like a bubble.

He saw Yangyang sprinting back to the dorm disappearing behind the door speaking to the weird guard when he was frozen there watching the boy.

It was almost midnight when Xiaojun sneaked into the flat to hear raised voices so he stopped glancing into the living room cautiously.

"Xiaojun," Jaemin's sharp tone crumbled all hair on his body.

"Paps, hi," Xiaojun rubbed his hair nervously messing it up.

"Come for a moment," Jaemin was serious when Xiaojun tottered into the room to see Renjun sitting in the armchair with Ti on his lap, MeiNei was standing in the middle of the carpet watching Jaemin furiously.

Thank you so much for all your love and the 1million reads on No Girls allowed. You are making this dream possible💗💗💗

So how did you like the chapter? What do you think about Xiaojun inviting Jaemin for the show and the new guard? What is happening in the house?

Much <3