20. Facing Jaemin

Why were the words all there in his head, so easy yet heavier than a freaking planet, so impossible to turn into a verbal expression, he wondered leaving the shop carrying the kitten in his arms stopping on the street unsure where to go when he saw Jaemin's car parked a few meters form him. Jaemin was sitting behind the steering wheel crying. Xiaojun was considering if it's safe to stay here and watch, rather not so he sneaked out of view calling Jeno asking for picking him up.

"I'm sorry to hear about all the things that happened to Renjun," Jeno was serious when they were driving down the city to Yangyang's dorm.

The kitten fell asleep on Xiaojun's lap so he was holding it carefully.

Taeyong has sent him a text a few minutes before telling Chenle and Daisy decided to take care of Renjun and he agreed to stay in their house for a while. Taeyong was asking whether Xiaojun was willing to stay with him and Jae or in Yangyang's dorm.

"He's out of the hospital," muttered Xiaojun hiding the phone.

The kitten looked up when he caressed it to make it calm again.

"That's good news," Jeno even smiled.

"Why is Jaemin such a hopeless case, such a coward?"

"Maybe the adults have their reasons, you don't need to understand. They just forgot to tell you they will take care of you anyway you don't need to be afraid."

"You're no freaking Freud... I mean... no offense there," Xiaojun faced the window.

"I know you are mad at the whole world. I get it," Jeno was calm.

"Why couldn't you date Renjun, I would have a great father," Xaiojun risked to look Jeno's way, to his surprise the man only chuckled. "What, he's so lonely now, can't you ask him out?"

"I have a wife and a daughter Xaiojun," said Jeno in his calm way. "My baby girl is five she's our star."

"Oh..." Xiaojun felt some last light burning out. "At least she has a cool father, lucky girl."

"I believe they decided to adopt too early that's why they weren't ready, but from the other hand I see you and the man you're becoming and I think they haven't actually messed up at all," Jeno send him an encouraging smile.

"Why are you hiding the fact that you have a wife and a daughter?"

"I'm a public person a lot of people want a lot of things form me I want to protect them."

"Love is a strange thing," whispered Xiaojun turning to the window to see the dorm building and the bench in front of it where Sura was sitting in Yangyang's lap both making out passionately. It hit him hard, harder than the sight of a car killing Ti or Renjun's unconscious on the pavement with the divorce papers in his hands, or Jaemin crying in the car.

"Is this Yangyang, does he have a girlfriend?" asked Jeno.

"Drive me somewhere else," whispered Xiaojun his chin trembling dangerously.

"I need to speak with him about it, hey... is..." Jeno set the car back into motion driving off when Xiaojun was squeezing his fists to not to break out in tears.

"Maybe it's time to tell how you feel," muttered Jeno.

"I don't understand," Xiaojun felt like slapped hearing the same line for the second time today.

"Just an advice," Jeno only chuckled. "Where should I drive you then?"

"Grand Hilton Hotel." He thought Jaemin might be there as he has been always hiding in that place when him and Renjun were in bad terms.

Xiaojun was looking at the street passing by, was it really worthy to go to Jaemin and ask for a place on the couch. Definitely better than facing Renjun with this heartbreak and show how he's not dealing at all.

"May I help you?" the receptionist looked up at him.

"I'm Na Jaemin's son I want to know his room number..."

"And I'm Santa's reindeer," giggled the man.

"Fine!" Xiaojun was so fed up with people by now.

Why haven't he told Renjun on that bridge that he's not going anywhere, asked the monks who were coming by to take him to the temple where he would practice ascension and austerity. Then he would live in a self made hut far in the mountains just him and nature, no people.

He was walking up and down the lobby collecting his courage until catching the receptions's ironic stare.

That was enough. Xiaojun found his phone pressing Jaemin's number.

"Xaiojun, has something happened?"

"I'm in the lobby of your hotel, have nowhere to go..."

"Come to floor 27 room 27008,"

"Sure," Xiaojun ignored the receptionist walking to an elevator, he saw the man taking the phone giving a sign to one of the securities, so Xiaojun hurried his steps hiding in a elevator pressing floor 27 watching the guards running this way but the doors closed. He took a loud breath.

His heart was pounding hard when the lift moved up smoothly opening on floor 27. Xiaojun walked out checking the numbers of the rooms until one door opened. There was a guard not far from it but Jaemin stuck his head out. He was wearing a very feminine sweater.

"It's my son," he explained glancing at the guard when Xiaojun slipped into his room still holding the kitten that was trying to climb up his arms probably scared of the constantly changing environment.

"Put her down, she needs food," muttered Jaemin, so Xiaojun let Baby Ti go. She stormed the apartment hiding underneath Jaemin's king size bed.

"I know it has been a rough couple of days but make yourself comfortable. I'll put my bedding on the couch."

"No Paps, take the bed you're paying for this room here, the couch is more then fine for me I'm used to sleep in narrow spaces," his voice suddenly cracked.

"Xiaojun I'm sorry," whispered Jaemin. "I was trying to make it right."

"No you didn't, you were arguing and arguing and I was so tired, so scared. It was unbearable to listen to it."

Xiaojun stopped talking suddenly afraid of his outburst Jaemin was standing there his face pale.

Thank you so much for your love. What do you think about Jaemin crying and Xiaojun's conversation with Jeno? What about the news that Jeno has a family?
Will Xiaojun finally be able to tell what he feels? How will Jaemin react to his words?

Much <3