3. Attic private agency

It was Jeno's private studio here, one where he had recorded so many hit singles in, although it looked like one of that shady basements where underground bands were struggling with first demos.

"Hi it's us YangJun, we had an appointment," Xiaojun stuck his head through the door to discover the interior looked as posh and professional as Taeyong's private studio, or the ones in SJ Music building.

"Wow this is cool," Yangyang walked inside when Xiaojun caught Jeno's amused glance.

"Hi boys, make yourself comfortable," Jeno pointed towards a couch.

"So how was the demo?" asked Yangyang helping himself to some cookies shamelessly.

"The first demo since two years I enjoyed, and that's hard to make," Jeno grinned. "But I guess it's in the family," his dark eyes laid on Xiaojun who looked away.

"We're not related, technically," he muttered.

"Lee Taeyong and Jung Jaehyun are his grandads, Huang Renjun is his father, that says it all," some blushes appeared on Yangyang's cheeks when Xiaojun wished to hide preferably far of reach.

"I guess," Jeno's smile faded. "Anyway let's get to the business, I'd like to sign a contract but you're both underaged so I need a legal signature of at lest one parent."

"My parents are in Germany but a week and I have this signed," Yangyang smiled grabbing the papers Jeno stretched towards them.

"Ok, what about you?"

"Can bring it by tomorrow," Xiaojun blushed.

"It must be an original signature not a faked one, until I get it we will not record a thing," said Jeno seriously.

"Sure," Xiaojun tensed. "Why do you even think..."

"I have been growing up with Renjun, I know what he and Chenle could do in faking signatures, even for a casting show and I don't want a situation where Huang Renjun or Na Jaemin come here to make a drama because of that. Work on them, one has to sign?"

"What about Jae or Taeyong's signature, would it count?" asked Xiaojun with hope.

"They're not your legal guardians so no, or we will have to postpone this here till you both eighteen," Jeno was deadly serious.

"He will get them to sign, I personally assure of it," said Yangyang he was a bit pale.

"Great so call me once this is done then we will start with album recording," Jeno smiled.

"Ok thank you again," Yangyang kidnapped two cookies before getting up. "See you soon I'm a huge fan, you're a legend."

"Thanks," Jeno chuckled.

"So bye," muttered Xiaojun leaving the room fighting with the urge to slam the door.

How could he bring any of his fathers to sign it. He couldn't even imagine that unfairness.

"So which one will you ask?" Yangyang pointed at the papers.

Xiaojun shrugged, right now he'd gladly kicked his best friend.

It was close to midnight when the front door slammed. Renjun has been sitting on the couch caressing Ti behind the ears trying his best to not to freak out as none of his kids was back home by now.

He really hoped it's MeiNei but it was Xiaojun, his school uniform rain soaked and mud covered.

"What happened?" asked Renjun stunned.

"Just played football with Yang," Xiaojun shrugged.

"Oh, put that in the washing machine I'll throw it into the dryer later."

"Thanks dad," Xiaojun yawned loudly.

"Do you have your homework done?" asked Renjun feeling a shiver.

"I'm too clever to do homework, night dad."

A second later he heard Xiaojun's room door slammed shut.

"What have I done wrong," whispered Renjun falling on the couch when the front door cracked.

He looked up to see MeiNei storming through the hall.

"MeiNei!" He jumped up his heat beating loudly.

She stopped turning to him, the rain has ruined her make up or has she been crying as the dark shadows from her mascara were dripping down her cheeks. The crazy purple hair she had died herself a month ago was sticking in all directions. He noticed she had a piercing in her nose that definitely hasn't been there in the morning.

"Um... how are you?" asked Renjun hesitantly, he had no idea how to talk to his own children, they were way too distant.

She just shrugged.

"So... yeah, have a good rest, if you want... supper is prepared in the kitchen, there are even plates out for you and Xiaojun..."

"Dad stop. Being too good is disgusting," she turned around storming off, a moment later her door banged shut, the whole flat sunk into deadly silence.

Renjun sighed walking back sitting down trying his best to not to burst out into tears. When has his life changed into that, he has known from the start it was Jaemin's worst idea to adopt.

It has ruined them, has ruined two innocent children who might have had a so much better life, had they only had the chance to meet someone else.

The front door crackled so he cuddled Ti to his chest, he wasn't expecting anyone else, have Jae or Taeyong decided to come and see how he's not dealing. There were quiet steps in the hallway a second later a tall person stopped in the dim light. Renjun blinked watching the man dressed up in comfortable sports brands clothing, his now blonde hair giving him a sexier look. Their eyes met causing Renjun stomach to make a summersault.

"Hi," Jaemin's low voice gave him goosebumps a second later his husband approached him sitting down on the couch caressing over Ti's fur.

"You didn't say you're coming back from Germany," whispered Renjun.

"I wanted to surprise you. Are the kids back home?"

Renjun nodded, he had been so mad at Jaemin since their last argument but now it was all gone replaced by some longing and warmth.

Thank you for your amazing support. You're really making my days. What do you think about Jeno accepting Yangjun's demo? Will Xiaojun be able to get the signature? What about Jaemin coming back?
Much <3