44. Holding hands

A long tooting sounds made Xiaojun jump up. His body was sore and numb, his face a bit frozen.

"What is that?" Yangyang's voice made all memories from last night storm back.

Xiaojun reached for his glasses he had placed on deck putting them on to see Jaemin who was leaning against the car chuckling to himself.

"Paps! Hi!"

"Hi boys. Yangyang's parents have prepared breakfast, I'm supposed to pick you up."

"We're coming sir." Yangyang jumped up collecting the pillows when Xiaojun wrapped up the blankets groaning loudly.

Sleeping on deck was really uncomfortable, all his muscles were in pain but he got up helping Yangyang to bring everything into the cabin.

They were quiet, both a bit tense as it was different to be here all alone than face their parents.

Yangyang hid the pillows and blankets then closed the chest pushing it under the bunk when Xiaojun's heart began to beat madly. He suddenly grabbed Yangyang's wrist pulling him closer.

"What?" Yangyang raised his eyes open.

"Just..." Xiaojun leaned in for a kiss but his friend, wait boyfriend, giggled pushing him away gently.

"Iiii... morning breath." He pecked Xiaojun's cheek still giggling before running out of the cabin.

Xiaojun sighed fixing his glasses running out to help Yangyang to close the padlock.

They sprinted down the pier to the car getting on the backseat. Jaemin was listening to his favorite opera singer today.

"So boys was my plan successful?" Jaemin raised his brow.

"Nah, still hate this loser." Xiaojun stretched his hand out to squeeze Yangyang's palm.

"Same." Yangyang smiled widely making himself comfortable while cuddling to him almost like last night.

"I'm happy to hear." Jaemin was amused.

They were driving in silence when the song from last night started to play in Xiaojun's head.

"Maybe we'll send that song to Jeno." He asked looking at Yangyang. "We could record it in your house."

"Sounds like a plan." Yangyang giggled. "Unless my parents will become complicated." His smile suddenly fell.

Both glanced towards Jaemin who was still amused, but said nothing.

They were cuddling, Xiaojun becoming more and more nervous the closer uncle and aunt's house was nearing. His heartbeat turning from steady to messy when Jaemin parked on the driveway, in some way he was happy Paps was here to maybe take care of him.

Yangyang let out a loud sigh getting out both making their way inside behind Jaemin.

At the sight of his parents Yangyang immediately let go of Xiaojun's hand but tangled their fingers back just a second later. Xiaojun almost stopped to breath looking up at aunt, she seemed tense.

Renjun was sitting at the table over a steaming tea cup, his eyes lit up at the sight of Jaemin who just went to him to peck his lips.

"So come in, breakfast is ready." Yangyang's mother pointed towards the kitchen table so Xiaojun pulled his best friend, wait, boyfriend that way.

It will take some time to adjust to the new term.

"I will need a new best friend now," he whispered leaning to Yangyang's ear.

"What!"

"Because now you're my boyfriend." Xiaojun giggled.

"Don't even dear." Yangyang sent him a killer glance.

Really he was so possessive, Xiaojun was impressed.

They sat behind the table trying to act normally, everyone rather quiet when they all took place, began to eat.

"So..." uncle looked at them after the plates were emptied again.

Xiaojun felt Yangyang's sweaty palm grabbing his under the table.

"We have been speaking to Mr. Huang and Mr. Na that past evening." Uncle frowned, it seemed he was still considering something deeply.

A silence fell, one very tight and uncomfortable.

"We think you two have potential as musicians and a huge fan base, that's something that shouldn't go to waist." He continued.

"For sure." Muttered Xiaojun but shut up noticing Jaemin giving him signs with his eyes to keep quiet.

"So we decided to allow Yangyang to return to your city and you two to continue working with Attic Private Agency and Mr. Jeno on your new comeback."

"Yes!" Xiaojun clapped happily becoming all awkward after a moment.

"The thing that worries me more is your relationship with each other, that is... a bit unhealthy." Uncle's gaze became cold. "But I guess there's not much I can do about it as you are already that close and almost seventeen, soon adults, so, it's your life and your choices to make."

Xiaojun found Yangyang's hand under the table squeezing it, feeling so sad.

It must have hurt tons for his boyfriend to know his parents will never fully accept his sexuality and the person he has chosen.

You sill have me and my parents and grandparents, we are here for you no matter what, he wished to tell, but it wasn't the right moment to do so.

You can become my family, what do I say, you are my family, was shouting his mind, but he hoped after all those years Yangyang could feel it all just by the touch of his hand.

Thank you so much for your love. I'm glad you enjoyed Xiaoyang's reunion and I'm sorry for catching up with your lovely comments so late, but these day have been crazy hectic. So what do you think about Xiaoyang's morning and Yangyang's parents' decision? How will Yangyang react to his father's words?

Much <3