Chapter 27 - Homecoming

Start from the beginning

            “I’ll hear from you then,” Albert said, as he shook Ted’s hand.

            Albert walked over toward Mike who was leaning up against the car reading the Contro Chronicles. He needed no orders; Mike opened the passenger side door for the boss to climb in and waited until Albert was seated before taking one look around and climbing into the driver’s seat.

            “Shouldn’t we have Sin with us? I mean I’d feel better if we had two people watching you Al given the current circumstances,” Mike said.

            “Yeah, but we got Eddie following us,” Albert subtly pointed at the black car near the makeshift driveway Eddie, was waiting patiently in.

            “I know, I could handle it myself I’m just saying – with the fire power we’re up against.” 

            “Duly noted Mike, the kid had to pick up that loser Sammy though. Sin will be the best judge of character for that scumbag to see if he’s really cleaned his act up. For now I want to bring Eddie in with us,” Albert said.

            Rolled was lit up by two neon lights; one reading OPEN, the other spelling out the tobacco shops name. A small line of customers lined up to buy cigarettes as they waited for their nicotine fix outside of the nightclubs.

“You gave me a twenty, not a fifty…don’t try that shit here you fucking scam artist now beat it,” Vincent said, as he sized up the man on the opposite side of the counter.

The customer was well built and had a tattoo of a skull on his neck, “Bullshit, count your fucking register.”

“I’ll do that pal,” Vincent put his hand up to the other awaiting customers, “Sorry everyone we’re going to have to be patient while we do a count.” Impatient drunks met his message with grunts and sighs.

“Listen you little runt, give me the money before I beat you to a pulp. It will be easier that way,” the man cracked his knuckles.

The side door to the tobacco store creaked open and the large looming figure of Mike stepped outside accompanied by Eddie. They both walked up to confront the man trying to pull the short change scam.

“We got a problem?” Mike asked, as he stared the customer in the eyes.

“Fuck off fat shit,” the man said, angrily.

Mike looked at Vincent who was sweating bullets and then at Eddie; who despite being the smallest out of everyone was rolling up his sleeves.

Mike waved his finger, “No, no. This is what is going to happen. You take your correct change and leave, or else.”

The solid man sporting the skull neck tattoo laughed, “You know who I’m with? How about go fuck yourself.”

Mike cocked his arm back and landed a heavy punch on the man’s nose breaking it; the customers standing behind took a few steps back. Eddie joined in throwing nonstop punches into the mans head; he fell to the ground and Mike dropped a kick into his stomach and then called the two bouncers standing at the front of Tony’s; one of the only nightclubs not taken over by Rai; to come over and remove the troublemaker from area. 

“Sorry people, back to business,” Mike said, being met with a round of applause and cheers by the crowd of drunks.

Mike walked back through the side door and entered the counter part where Vincent was already serving the next customer. He bent down and picked up a handful of cigars, and along with Eddie, proceeded through the back door.