Chapter 28 - Massage

Sin, Donny, Salvatore, and Eddie stood around a small table in the security room of Willows. The wooden table had a black cloth strewn across it revealing a map, five semi-automatic handguns, a sawn off shotgun, and a double barrel shotgun. Each of the men had dark leather gloves on; Sin picked up a handgun and looked it over carefully.

            “This will do me,” Sin said, putting the handgun in a holster hanging around his body.

            “I’ve got the sawn off,” Donny said, excitedly.

            “I’m driving, do I really need one?” Eddie asked.

            “What if something go’s wrong, we’ll need back up,” Sin said, putting his hand on Eddie’s shoulder. Salvatore took two handguns; placing one in a holster and the other down the back of his pants.

            Donny took out a black bag and distributed balaclavas to each man in the room.

            “Okay, Eddie will wait in the van down this laneway here. Once we do the job we get back there as fast as we can, it is a little over two hundred metres, but this is the safest way to exit without hitting the main roads. I’ll go inside first, followed by Salvatore, and Donny, will take the back door. The last few times I’ve watched him get a massage his bodyguard has waited inside the front lounge area, and one of the times Michael joined them. I’m hoping this afternoon he doesn’t,” Sin said, pointing out different spots on the map.

            Donny placed a couple of boxes on the table containing the ammunition for each of the weapons and everyone took what they needed. “I’ve been waiting for this day a long time. Should of happened years ago,” Donny said, bitterly.

            “We already to do this thing?” Sin asked.

            No one answered; each man nodded and patted his weapon. “Good let’s go.”

            The balcony on the safe house was covered in darkness as black storm clouds covered the sky, which promised heavy rains on their way.

            “I don’t think it’s a good idea Al,” Carlos said, his voice full of genuine concern for his younger cousin.

            “I need to meet with Ted, to finalize some of the shit on the construction, and today I couldn’t be safer, my biggest threat is going to be neutralized,” Albert said, as he wiped his glasses clean with a cloth.

            Mike stood by uneasy as the boss and his captain’s talked shop at the table. “I don’t know if we should be going out in weather like this Al, what about tomorrow?” Mike asked, agreeing with Carlos.

            “It has to be today at the latest,” Albert said, annoyed.

            “Take my boy and Sammy with you at least,” Alonzo Senior said.

            “And the vest,” Carlos added.

            Albert put his glasses back on and nodded, “Alright.”

            “You sure you don’t want me to deal with Ted?” Alonzo Senior asked.

            “Positive. Which brings me to other news, I’ve talked to Carlos, and Domenic in the can about bringing someone up to Underboss,” Albert said.

            “Oh yeah? You didn’t mention anything to me,” Alonzo Senior said.     

            Albert laughed, “We decided it has to be you brother,” the boss smiled.