Chapter 8 - Alonzo

At four forty-five in the morning Sin and Alonzo Junior, both helped Tanya shuffle out the last remaining group of patrons; four Irishmen.  

The four men could barely climb inside the taxi van, Tanya had kindly ordered for them; The driver was notably starting to get irritated as they fumbled about, and rain trickled into the clean van.

“Fuck I’m beat,” Alonzo sighed.

  Sin let out a yawn, “Me too, I could sleep for the next two days. Wouldn’t be so bad if we were drinking too, you know?

  Alonzo Junior shook his head, “After all that, Uncle Al decides to sleep here.”

“Where did Carlo end up crashing?” Sin asked. 

“He has the single bed in the office.”

“Fuck! I been dreaming of having a quick snooze in there.”

  Alonzo Junior laughed, “Man they’re going to be out cold for a while, Donny is still asleep on his mattress, let’s go and get a feed.”

  “One of us better wait here,” Sin could not leave Albert un-protected. He had sworn an oath.

  “What you want?” Alonzo Junior asked, Sin was a made guy, so he automatically knew it would be him to go and fetch the goods.

  “Get me a Samoht burger, and a Berry smoothie,” Sin was tired, but his stomach was rumbling.

“You got it.”

  Two days went on by with Albert still at Tanya’s; he was on a bender,

Benny thought he just felt safer there at the moment. It would be much harder for Bill Darsen to show up with a team, and storm Willow’s; compared to a tobacco shop. He got the phone call this morning from Sin, with orders to pick up the big guy.

  Mike sat in the passenger seat of Benny’s four-wheel drive; the agents had nothing on him, the gun was not illegal. He knew that the agents were banking on someone trying to clip Albert with his absence, but the don had already thought ahead, he had a second minder; Sin.

“Appreciate you doing this Benito,”

“Don’t mention it friend,” Benny rounded the corner to Willow’s pub.

“How was he?”

“Pretty pissed, he still wants that thing done,” Benny informed the big guy.

 “Of course,” Mike smiled; once Albert made a decision it had to be carried out.

“What do you make of his friend?” Benny asked, casually.

“Sammy?”

“Yeah, that one.”

“Seems okay,” Mike shrugged.

  Benny was relieved Mike thought so too, “I suppose, he did make his bones with Sin,” he lit up a fat cigar, as they entered the driveway of Willows pub.

“Speaking of Sin,” Mike pointed out the young soldier sitting at the front.

  Sin greeted Mike like a long lost brother; the big guy was only gone two days, but it was evident how much they relied on him. The three of them all walked inside where everyone had gathered to celebrate Mike’s return. Albert gave his underling a hug, and a welcome back envelope.  

  The place was filled with wiseguys, friends, and regular patrons; Albert and his top tier men had their own section at the back; Harold sat alongside Carlos, and Benny. The young crew consisting of Sin, Alonzo Junior, Salvatore, and Sammy were attempting to set up a brand new pool table, and Peter sat at the front talking to the security guards Donny had on.