Chapter 76 | Just a Nightmare/Dream?

Deku's Pov.

  "I'm going to take a shower," Uraraka told him.

  "Okay," Deku laid on the bed.

  'I wonder how I can help her nightmares go away...'

  He thought about it, but the more he was thinking about it, the more frustrated he got. Deku wanted to be able to protect her...

  "Deku," Uraraka called his name through the door.

  "Yeah, what is it?" Deku asked.

  "Don't look! I-I forgot to grab some stuff..!" Uraraka told him.

  "O-Okay!" Deku stuttered, and then buried his face into a pillow, blushing up a storm.

  He heard the door creek open and blushed and buried his head in the pillow further.

  Soon, he hear the door creak again and close, but he didn't look still.

  After that, about a minute later, he felt Uraraka tap his shoulder, "Okay, I'm done now, you can go shower if you want."

  Deku reluctantly took his head from the pillow, and was too embarrassed to look at Uraraka when it was his turn to go shower, but before going in, he made sure that he had everything.

  He showered quickly, and put some comfortable clothes on before going back to the bedroom.

  Uraraka was sitting on the bed wearing an Easter pink onesie. Her hood was up, but he could still see her face, she looked kind of... nervous and scared.

  'I ask this a lot, but...'

  "Are you okay?" Deku asked her.

  "Y-Yeah..." Uraraka lied, but then she just sighed, "Okay... I'm scared to go to sleep..."

  Deku walked over and sat next to her.

  "Don't worry, I'm here for you," Deku told her.

  Uraraka went under the covers.

  "I'll turn off the lights," Deku told her, and he got up to turn the ones next to the beds off.

  He walked toward the bathroom to turn that light off, but Uraraka said, "Please don't turn that one off," looking a little embarrassed.

  "Okay," Deku nodded, angling the door so that the light wasn't in their faces. After that, he slid under the covers too.

  "Deku..." Uraraka called his name after a few minutes.

  "Yeah, what is it?" he questioned in a soft voice.

  "Can I..." she hesitated, "Hold your hand?"

  Deku could almost see her blush, but he knew that she could see his blush.

  He didn't really know what to say, but managed a, "Y-Yeah."

  Soon, he felt a familiar warmth in his hand, and he closed his hand around it.

  It made him feel kind of safe...

  Another few minutes later,  he could hear soft snoring beside him, and then he went to sleep too.

  He was holding Uraraka's hand in the dream too. They were running around... maybe away from something?

 Wait, that wasn't him! He could clearly see his hands in front of him! He needed to save her!

  Deku ran after Uraraka and the imposter as fast as he could, but it was like the dream was keeping him away from her! There were so many obstacles blocking the way, but he activated One for All and did all he could to pass them!

Uraraka's Pov.

  "We have to get away from them!" Deku told her, grabbing her hand and running away with her.

  "Who are we running from?" she asked him.

  "Something is after us!" Deku avoided the question.

  She could actually hear something behind them, trying to catch up, so she decided to trust Deku.

  Soon, they were running up a mountain, or something tall.

  They were nearing a cliff, and she didn't know what to do!

  The two of them got closer and closer to the edge, and she was getting nervous...

  "No wait!" she heard a familiar voice behind her and she turned her head to look.

  'Wait... Deku!?'

  "Don't trust him, that's not me!" the one chasing them shouted desperately.

  She skidded to a stop, looking between the two Dekus, what was she supposed to do!?

  "He's lying!" the one holding her hand told her, "I'm the real Deku!"

  They were pretty close to the edge... And it was really high up!

  Uraraka was so confused! What was she supposed to do!?

  "Please believe me!" the Deku chasing them looked so scared and worried, and she started to believe that one a little more.

  "Don't you believe me Ochaco?" the one holding her hand asked.

  Uraraka knew right then who the real Deku was, and started running to the one that was chasing them a moment before.

  "You're not getting away that easily," the Deku that was holding her hadn grabbed her wrist really tightly and pulled her up to him, holding her with a knife to her throat and her back to his chest. She knew it right then: that was Villain Deku.

  She could see the glove that was holding the knife.

  Fear had already had her in its grasp, and she was trembling.

  The other Deku had a hero costume on almost magically, and charged up One for All to race toward her.

  Villain Deku had her over the edge, but she knew she could just float away, right?

  Uraraka touched herself, but her quirk wasn't activating!

  "Whoops!" Villain Deku laughed as he dropped her.

  She fell helplessly as the whip whipped past her face, she wasn't able to activate her quirk.

  Uraraka flailed around, but it did no good!

  Soon, she saw Deku (the real one obviously) diving after her.

  He grabbed her hand and then landed on his two feet catching her bridal style. He blushed rubbing the back of his head when he put her down and Uraraka blushed too.

  Yup, this was definitely the real Deku, but why did it feel like he was so... real..? Like... this wasn't just a dream?

  They looked back up at the cliff and watched Villain Deku disappear.

  She looked back at regular Deku and he looked horrified by Villain Deku!

  "I... don't know what I just witnessed," Deku was pale, "I don't ever want to see a villain version of myself again..."

  After that, they went just talking, but it felt so real...

  'This is just a dream...'