Chapter 20 | Remorse

Uraraka's Pov.

  'Why... Why! I was so close... So close... I could have made an effort to reach Deku! But instead, I just sat there like an idiot... Stupid Ochaco! Stupid!'

  Tears of anger and sadness streamed down her cheeks. Uraraka's heart twisted with pain. Her eyes stung with the salt of the liquid flowing through her eyes, though they didn't stop.

  Her friends had tried their hardest to save her, and she failed them. There was officially nothing she or her friends could do about this, and it was her fault. Deku was so close... She should have tried to move towards him...

  'Stuck in the pantry again, even though everyone there had been fighting for me... For me! And I didn't escape with them... It wasn't their fault! They had it all planned out and I could have done something!'

  She curled up in a ball, wishing with all her heart that this was the dream even though she knew it was reality.

  It was weird though... At the last moment, she felt something contact with her arm... And it was still there.

  Did someone throw something on her? Did Deku..?

  'If he threw something at me, that means it had some purpose... Which means it could have been something to help track me down!'

  A soaring happiness filled her whole body, but it wasn't long lived.

  'But what if it wasn't?'

  There was a good chance that it could be something to help find her, but there was also a good chance that it wasn't...

  Uraraka couldn't turn her head to check because she was still tied up, and the roped weren't going to just break any time soon, so there was no way she could tell for sure...

  Right now, her best hope was to trust whatever the object was, and hope that it was some kind of listening device...

  She kept thinking about it for hours, until she could hear to voices.

  "Well that plan was a bust," a male voice said slowly, but angrily. It made her shudder, it was probably Tomura Shigaraki's voice. "Should we just get rid of her?"

  Fear scorched her soul. Her plan was to stay alive, not die immediately after an attempted rescue!

  "No... Not yet..." another male voice spoke. They spoke slowly too, just a little faster than the other male. She suspected it was Warp Gate, but didn't know for sure.

  "But why?" the voice that made her shudder asked.

  "She still has use as a bargaining chip, and I noticed that the kid known as "Izuku Midoriya" was especially crestfallen at their failure, we can put that to our advantage. We originally sent Toga in to kill as many people as she could from class 1-A and get information from them, but he might have a special connection to this girl, we can use that."

  'No! Not Deku! Anything but him...'

  "But there's more."

  Did they know that she could hear them? Well, she couldn't focus on that now, just listen.

  "I suspect that the boy know as Izuku Midoriya, or "Deku" as this one would call him is All Might's successor."

Deku's Pov.

  Deku had stayed up all night thinking and writing down in a new journal about where Uraraka could be.

  'The location could be anywhere... But they have to be somewhere! As long as they're somewhere, I can find her.'

  He sighed, and noticed that there was still a few tears coming from his eyes. The salty stains of the liquid hurt his eyes, but it didn't hurt as much as the remorseful pangs in his heart.

  'If only... If only I had done better...'

  A wave of drowsiness rushed over him. How long had he been working to find her?

  'Maybe I should just go to sleep, it won't help if I don't sleep at all and then I can't come to her rescue.'

  He lied on his back in his bed, but couldn't get Uraraka off his mind. About five minutes past, and he didn't fall asleep yet.

  "Beep beep Beep... beep beep beep..."

  "Already?" Deku whispered to himself.

  It wasn't like he was tired physically or mentally... he was just worried he would be later.

  Deku got dressed and opened the door of his room. He looked down at his feet as he walked down the stairs to eat breakfast.

  A few people were already there. Including Bakugo who was still looking angry he couldn't curse properly.

  "Midoriya, I need to talk to you later," Yaoyorozu walked up to him, then immediately after she said that, she left.

  'I wonder what that was about...'

  He didn't think about what it might be. All he could think about was how Uraraka was captured and he wanted school to go quicker so he could continue thinking about where she might be.

  Finally, that day of school was over. For some reason they didn't talk at lunch, but why?

  Everyone was sitting in the lounge. Deku was sitting on a couch with his notebook titled "Finding Uraraka", thinking about her. He wasn't really writing much, more thinking about all the time she had helped him, and her smile that always cheered him up.

  "She could be-" he was writing in his notebook, before the tip of his pencil broke.

  Deku sighed and closed the notebook to look at the front of it.

  He closed his eyes tight, and wished that Uraraka was standing right in front of him.

  Deku opened his eyes. Someone was standing in front of him!

  "Momo wants to talk with all of us, ribbit," Tsu told him.

  He nodded, and followed her back to where the girls were.

  "S-So, what was it you wanted to tell me?" he asked her.

  "Okay, Deku," she started, her face wasn't smiling as part of a joke, it was serious. "This is very important."

  "What is it?" he asked without stuttering. He didn't want to make it seem like it wasn't important, Yaoyorozu didn't look like she was joking.

 "Do you remember the object I gave you before we tried to rescue Ochaco?" she questioned.

 "Yeah, I do," he nodded, "You never told me what it was for..."

"That's what I came to talk to you about," she continued, "it was a tracking device."