Chapter 12 | Breakfast

Uraraka's Pov.

  Uraraka blinked her eyes open slowly as she felt someone's warm arms wrapped around her.

  It was Deku! She realized they were cuddling! Uraraka blushed bright red. 'Is this actually happening?'

  Not wanting to disturb Deku she tried to fall back to sleep, though her face was still flushed.

  A few minutes later, she felt Deku move around. Suddenly the warmth was gone, and Deku wasn't holding on to her anymore. It was really cold, and it made her sad to feel the warm go away.

  Uraraka opened her eyes again and yawned. She realized her arms were still wrapped around him and she drew them back to her quickly. It was even colder now... She nearly sighed, but didn't want to seem disappointed that he wasn't cuddling her anymore.

  "G-Good morning," Uraraka stuttered, not looking into his eyes. Her face was still red.

  "Good-Good morning Ochac-Uraraka," It sounded like Deku forgot that the dares were done.

  "D-Do you t-think that b-breakfast is ready?" Uraraka stuttered, they were so close...

  "M-Maybe," he stuttered back.

  She just looked into Deku's eyes for a minute or two. Two crystal green emeralds that really drew her in. It made her blush more, but Deku looked into her eyes too.

  She looked away and coughed.

  "Let's go out to the others," she suggested, and went out of the little space. Her face was a bright red when everyone looked at her. Deku came out after her.

  "Good morning Love Birds," Mina teased.

  "W-We're not- Y-You've got it all- It's not-" Uraraka tried several times to complete her sentence. It really didn't work. 'We're not love birds... yet...' her face felt like it was on fire after that last thought.

  "Y-Yeah... It's not like-" Deku tried to back her up.

  Mina just smirked as the pair turned redder and redder.

  "Is breakfast ready!" Uraraka blurted, not knowing what else to say while everyone stared at them in uncomfortable silence.

  "Yeah, Tsu's making pancakes right now," Mina told her with a slight smirk.

  "So later, we're going to the mall, do you guys want to come?" Mina spoke, the smirk was gone, or was it?

  "Yeah, that would be nice," Uraraka said as she headed over to where the others were eating with Deku behind her.

  "Sure, I'll come," Deku nodded, he still looked really uncomfortable.

  "More pancakes coming through! Ribbit," Tsu came back with a load of pancakes.

  "Over here!" Uraraka called to Tsu before all of the delicious looking pancakes were gone.

  She took two plates and distributed pancakes onto them, "Syrup, ribbit?" she asked them both.

  "Yeah," Deku replied.

  "Sure," Uraraka responded.

  Tsu drew half of a heart on her pancake with the syrup. She looked over to Deku's breakfast to see he had the other half! 

  Uraraka looked at him to make eye contact with him. It showed the same emerald globes that entranced her. They both blushed pink and looked away.

  She looked up at Tsu to see her already on her way to someone else. She turned back to wink at her as if to say 'You're welcome.'

Deku's Pov.

  Tsu drew a half heart on his pancake with the syrup, and he wondered what that was about until he turned to look at Uraraka's pancake which had a half heart too in the opposite direction. He realized what that meant and looked at Uraraka. 

  They made eye contact, and he couldn't look away at first because her chocolate brown eyes trapped him from looking away. Eventually they both blushed and looked away though.

  "Mmm! It's so good!" Deku could almost see the stars in Uraraka's eyes after she took a bite. Her signature cheery Uraraka smile.

  "Yeah!" He agrees and smiles at her after he tries them. They are really light and fluffy and with the syrup and the little bit of powdered sugar on top, it's literally the best breakfast food he had ever eaten.

  They get another round of pancakes and they have a kind of comfortable conversation while eating. (It was kind of weird since everyone kept throwing them looks.)

  "When's the wedding?" Ashido snickered mischievously, "I heard it's soon."

  They both flushed pink. 'Why is literally everyone trying to force us into a relationship? I mean, it's not that I don't want to be in one with her, but-'

   "Deku!" Uraraka brought him back to the situation at hand, "Not the time to be muttering!"

  He realized that he was speaking to himself. 'Whoops... Did she hear what I said?'

  "Would you please stop intruding on our friendship?" Deku asked, and regretted it because everyone including Uraraka looked disappointed.

  "What did you say?" Ashido looked really angry. She clenched her fists and looked like she was about to run over and punch Deku in the face.

   Hakagure ran over and held her friend by the waist to drag her away, "No Mina!"

   "I will get you together if it's the last thing I do!" she shouted at them, "Just you wait!"

   "Hagakure pushed her in the room next door. The storage room.

  "Let me talk to her," the invisible girl suggested, then she proceeded into the room with Ashido in it.

  Deku chuckled awkwardly and looked to Uraraka. She still looked really disappointed. Uraraka displayed a fake smile.

  He frowned at her. 'What's been going on with Uraraka lately?'

  Suddenly, Ashido and Hagakure came out of the room. Asido smiled.

  "Why don't we play a game?" the acid quirked girl suggested.

  "NO!" Deku and Uraraka yelled in unison.

  "Don't worry, not truth or dare," Ashido pointed upward, "Twister."

  Everyone nodded and said yes, but Uraraka's face just went red when Deku looked at her.

  "What's Twister?" Deku asked everyone.

  "You've never played?" Kirishima questioned, "It's-"

  "You'll see," Ashido cut him off.

  'A surprise...' Deku mumbled, 'Why not?'

  "Sure," he responded.