Chapter 6 | Trust

Deku's Pov.

  In class, everyone was asking what happened to Uraraka and Deku was really confused because he never mentioned it to anyone. 

  "Why are you all asking me?" he asked. Not that they couldn't question, he was really curious how they got to know that Uraraka was with him when she was injured.

  "Don't play dumb Midoriya," Ashido ordered him, pointing a finger at him. 

  "U-Uh," Deku stuttered.

  "We all saw you flying past the window with Ochaco in your arms," Mina continued. 

  He started blushing hard. 'They all saw that? How embarrassing!' It wasn't embarrassing he was saving her, more that he was holding his crush / best friend like that.

  "OooOOOooooo," the girls chorused, "Midoriya has a crush!"

  "N-No I-" He tried, but was cut off by Ashido.

  "Why do you keep lying to yourself and everyone around you?" she rolled her eyes, "Raise your hand if you think Midoriya has a crush on Ochaco."

  Everyone raised their hand. 'How do they know! Am I really that obvious?! Did Uraraka notice yet?'

  He buried his face in his arms on the desk he was sitting at.

  Deku raised his head from his arms. "We're getting off topic now..." Deku trailed off.

  "Then get back to telling us how Ochaco was injured," Momo suggested.

  "Okay..." Deku spoke quietly.

  "Basically, she woke up in earlier in the morning and she told me she wasn't able to sleep so I invited her to train with me because I train in the mornings. It was actually kind of nice to have company. We were doing a race when she tripped on her face on the concrete. Then I c-carried her to the infirmary," Deku gave them the explaination.

  "You two Cinnamon Rolls together are so cute! I will literally start a fan club," Ashido proclaimed. She stood up. "Who wants to join?"

  Tsu, Momo, Jiro, Toru, Ojiro, and Koda raised their hands. He looked over to others and Tokoyami and Todoroki even raised their hands! 

  Deku buried his face in his hands, then got confused and asked Ashido, "What's a Cinnamon Roll?"

  "It means you're both really pure and makes everyone wants to protect you," Toru explained.

  "Really? I don't need protecting..." Deku tried to protest.

  He looked around the room and everyone looked like they were trying to avoid answering the question.

  Deku sighs. "Well, at the least don't tell Uraraka."

  Everyone nodded. 'Well at least they won't tell her... Maybe someday I will tell her myself... What am I kidding? That's not happening..."

  Uraraka walked into the room smiling a cheery smile, wait... actually, it appeared to be cheery, but it looked like she was hiding something behind it. 'What happened?'

  "Uraraka! You're okay!" Deku exclaimed, he put his hand on her shoulder, but she flinched and pulled away.

  What was going on?

  "Everyone, get in your designated seats," Iida called to everyone. The class did as he asked because before they knew that Mr. Aizawa rolled in with his yellow sleeping bag.

  "Free period, do what ever you wish," he zipped up the rest of his sleeping bag.

Uraraka's Pov.

  "Well, at the least don't tell Uraraka," she heard Deku say as she neared the classroom. 'Don't tell me what? Is he hiding something from me? But he's one of my best friends... What is there to hide? Did they think I couldn't be trusted?

  Uraraka looked back into the classroom and all of them nodded! Even Iida! Well, Bakugo wasn't there, but what would happen if he were? Could she trust no one but her family? The girls in the classroom nodded the most furiously.

  She almost let tears spill down her face, but held them back. 'Why would he hide something from me?'

  A single tear fell down her cheek, and she covered her mouth. 'I thought we were friends...'

  She wiped her tear away and put on a fake smile. She hated it. Would it fool everyone? Uraraka didn't want anyone to worry about her...

  Uraraka strode into he classroom and her smile nearly broke when she saw Deku. Was this what being betrayed felt like? It felt like her heart was ripping in two.

  Could she still trust him? That question kept bugging her.

  "Uraraka! You're okay!" he exclaimed. He walked over to her and put his hand on her shoulder.

  She flinched and pulled away. It didn't feel that good, this was one of her friends, right? Uraraka couldn't look in his eyes, so she just left and sat down at her seat.

  What if she wasn't able to trust him again? Uraraka wanted to be able to trust him, but she needed him to earn it back.

  Throughout that period, Deku stared at her with concerned eyes. Somehow, her crush on him never faded away and she was still blushing a deep red.

  At one point, they made eye contact, and she felt like she was about to burst into tears. He looked so sad for her and she noticed his face went red too.

  They looked away quickly. Her blush faded, but there was still some pink on her cheeks.

  'I really want to forgive him...'

  Uraraka sighed. She couldn't be mad at him for long, but her heart still felt shattered.

  'Look on the bright side... The silver lining... Mina's pool party is tomorrow!' Remembering that now, brought a soft smile to her face. Then her face burned. 

  Her friends had forced her to get the pink bikini... Uraraka was pretty sure Deku was probably still coming and that situation might repeat itself.

  'Well, it can't be more embarrassing than last time because this time it was intentional...'

  She would be able to see most of her friends after school! Tomorrow was going to be great!

  Maybe she just misunderstood Deku and it was something good... Uraraka had to talk to him later about that. Maybe at Mina's party. 'Sounds like a plan.'

  Uraraka took another look around the classroom.