Chapter 22 | Where is She?

Deku's Pov.

  "Uraraka..." Deku whispered as her touched the building the was held captive in.

  Everyone was ready. This time, they had more help, including Endeavor, Hawks, and a few more of the teachers than last time.

  His job was the same: get Uraraka to safety. And he would. No matter the cost.

  "I promise I'll save you," he promised her, even though she couldn't hear him.

  The building looked abandoned, except he knew it wasn't completely left behind.

  "Three," Mr. Aizawa whispered just loud enough for everyone to hear him, "two, one."

  They all rushed into the building. On the inside, he noticed that Warp Gate and Tomura Shigaraki were in sight, and Deku knew that Uraraka wasn't right there with them, giving him the advantage. Some of the Pros kept the villains busy while others began to search for Uraraka.

  He activated his quirk at five percent so he could run around faster. The green lightning formed around him, and he felt the power of One For All serge through his veins.

  Deku started looking everywhere, first the most likely places.

 The cabinets were empty. Not even any drinks were on them. They were bare.

  He rushed over to a door, that only led to an empty storage closet.

  Deku ran over to the fight, trying to avoid it the best as he could. The brunnette wasn't there either.

  He froze. This was a small bar, there wasn't much else where they could hide a person!

  Deku turned to look in every direction, almost completely frozen.

  'Where is she?! She's in here somewhere, I know she is!'

  He took the tracking device out of his pocket and turned in the direction she was supposed to be in.

  Where his friend was supposed to be, was really a solid wall! Concrete! They couldn't of hid her there!

  The only thing there on the wall was a large painting.

  He clenched his free fist.

  'No!'

  His eyes widened in defeat.

  "Uraraka!" he called out desperately.

  Everyone was drawing a blank. They double checked the cabinets and storage room, she wasn't there. They knocked over the tables and seats to see if she was there, she wasn't. They even removed the floor boards, she wasn't there.

  'No!'

  'This can't be happening, this is just a nightmare!'

  He even pinched himself, and felt the pain from it.

  A few tears spilled down his cheeks.

  "Uraraka!" he shouted, falling to his knees.

  Would he ever see her again?

  'No, don't give up yet.'

  Tomura was in the process of being cuffed.

  "You'll never find her,"he smirked.

  He walked over to the wall that she was supposed to be in.

  A small beep sounded as he started pounding his fist on it.

  He accidentally started hitting the painting, but he didn't really notice himself.

  Deku pounded on it, and then, his hand  went through.

  He threw the painting on the ground revealing a passageway.

  "I'm coming, Uraraka," and he started running.

Uraraka's Pov.

  'I wish... I wish that on our get together I had been more careful with my guard up.'

  Tears were falling from the zero gravity quirked girl eyes, creating a small puddle.

  'If I wasn't kidnapped, none of this would have happened in the first place.'

  Uraraka curled up in a ball.

  Suddenly, a huge crash echoed, and the sounds of fighting started.

  'Are they..? Is that..?'

  Her heart soared.

  'But what if they get hurt!'

  She stopped being excited as fear shot through her and pain grasped her heart, squeezing it.

  'It'll be all my fault if they're hurt! My friends mean so much to me, what if they died?'

  A headache started throbbing as she thought about what would happen to her friends.

  She imagined them in bandages in a hospital.

  'No!'

  All she wanted was to be at school, talking to her friends. She didn't even care if the girls teased her.

  'Deku... I wish that you were here with me...'

  It was a selfish wish, but Uraraka wished with all her heart it could come true.

  "Deku!" she shouted, wishing he would be there. Even though she knew that her wish might never come true.

  Something lifted her off the ground, fast, but careful and gentle in a bridal style way.

  "Uraraka, I'm here," a familiar voice spoke her name.

  She turned to look.

  Emerald green eyes caught her gaze.

  "Deku," she whispered softly, and her tears of sadness turned into tears of joy, spilling even more than before.

  Uraraka buried her face in his chest.

  "I'll get you to safety, " he promised, activating his quirk.

  She couldn't speak because of the lump in her throat, so instead she just nodded, and felt everything speed past her.

  Every one of her friends raced up to her, and started shouting.

  Uraraka couldn't tell what they were saying though, it was too overwhelming.

  "Give her some space," she heard Mr. Aizawa say, "you can all talk to her in the morning."

  She felt everything speed past her again as Deku started running.

  They stopped somewhere for a moment, and she looked around. Tears were blurring her vision, but she thought it might have been the school.

  "You're safe now," Deku told her, bringing her closer to him.

  She looked up at him, he was smiling at her with relief.

  "Deku, thank you," she noticed his face was getting a little red, but continued to speak, "I-I overheard them talking. The villains."

  Uraraka's tears stopped.

  "A-About what?" he asked nervously.

  "You need to give me a full explanation on your quirk, now," she ordered without a second thought.

  "I-I..." All Might's successor trailed off.

  "Don't even think about getting out of this Deku," she huffed.

  "Okay, but not now," Deku sighed, "After your injuries are tended to."

  "Promise we'll have this conversation again," Uraraka mimicked him when he said it.

  "Promise," he wiped some of the remaining tears off her face with his finger.