Chapter 23 | One for All

Deku's Pov.

  "All Might..." Deku tried, but trailed off.

  It was two days since the battle; a Saturday morning which meant no school. They didn't make him do school for those two days so he could spend his time with Uraraka.

  Of course, after the battle he got slapped by both Ashido and Todoroki on both his cheeks because he didn't tell Uraraka about his feeling for her. It was still kind of sore where the slap marks were. Deku would've never known that Todoroki slapped people.

  Anyway, All Might replied by saying, "What is it, young Midoriya?"

  "So..." he started to trail off.

  "What?" All Might's brow wrinkled in confusion and a little concern.

  "Uraraka found out..." Deku looked away.

  "How?" All Might's face went serious.

  "She overheard the villains..." Deku pushed his pointer fingers together.

  "Then we must tell her the whole story immediately!" the eighth One For All holder started walking to the infirmary.

  "Are you sure?!" Deku walked beside him, "I mean it's really early and-"

  "And knowing you, you probably promised to tell her the whole story," All Might kept walking.

  Deku sighed, and continued walking with him.

  It was a short stroll to the infirmary, but it felt like an eternity... And then suddenly, they were there. And after that, going into the room felt rushed, way too fast.

  Deku sat on the side of Uraraka's bed.

  Looking at her now, only made him feel guilty that he couldn't save her sooner. Deku looked away from his friend.

  He pushed the thought away, and looked back at her.

  She didn't seem to have many more cuts and scratches, but a lot of band aids were on her all over.

  Deku reached his hand out and touched her shoulder.

  "Uraraka," he spoke.

  Her eyes blinked open slowly.

  "Hey, Deku," the brunette greeted him.

  "We're going to give you the whole story now," Deku whispered softly, "just like I promised."

  "Thank you," Uraraka breathed, looking exhausted.

  "Ahem," All Might coughed.

  "O-Oh!" Deku snapped back. Heat rushed to his face, "S-Sorry..."

  He looked back over to Uraraka, who looked a little pink.

  Deku turned away again.

  All Might pushed him forward a little.

  "One for All," he muttered so only Uraraka could hear.

  "What was that?" maybe she didn't hear him.

  "M-My quirk, that's what it's called," he took a breath, "One for All."

  Uraraka nodded as if to say she understood.

  "It was passed on to me by-" he was cut off by Uraraka.

  "B-But how is that possible!?" her eyes glinted with curiosity.

  "You chose well, she's very feisty," All Might muttered in Deku's ear.

  "W-What!?" Deku became flustered.

  All Might stepped into the conversation.

  "All for one is a villain that has been around for generations," All Might started, "All for One forcibly gave his seemingly quirkless  younger brother a quirk that allowed him to stockpile power within his body. However, unknown to either of them, the younger brother already had a quirk with no other power than that it could be transferred to another person. He-"

Uraraka's Pov.

   Deku was finally going to tell her what's up with his quirk and maybe It's history!!

  'Yes! Yes Yes Yes!' Uraraka's thoughts cheered.

   Her friend muttered something she couldn't understand, not looking at her. There might have been a "one" in there..?

   "What was that?" Was he going to tell her..? or..?

  "M-My quirk," Deku stuttered, "that's what it's called: One for All."

  'One for All... got it.'

  She nodded, it wasn't too hard to understand. The quirk is called One for All.

  "It was passed on to me-"

  'Passed on!? I thought you had to be born with it!'

  "B-But how is that possible!?" she blurted in the middle of Deku speaking.

  She saw All Might whisper something in Deku's ear, and then he blushed red, becoming flustered.

  Uraraka would have giggled, but he situation at hand was serious, so she smothered it.

  "W-What!?" he cried, getting more and more crimson by the minute.

  All Might stepped up.

 "All for one is a villain that has been around for generations," All Might started, "All for One forcibly gave his seemingly quirkless younger brother a quirk that allowed him to stockpile power within his body. However, unknown to either of them, the younger brother already had a quirk with no other power than that it could be transferred to another person. He-"

  "And he passed the quirks along hoping that someday one of the holders would defeat All for One!" Uraraka finished.

  "Wow, she's good," All Might smiled, "saves me a lot of explaining."

  Deku nodded in agreement as All Might sat down.

  She blushed a little at the compliment. She didn't always get them...

  "I-I mean, it was self explanatory!" she waved her hands in front of her face.

  Deku looked at her questioningly, and said, "I've never seen you flustered before."

  "N-Never mind that! Just continue explaining your quirk and it's history!" Uraraka tried to change the subject.

  "Okay," Deku stepped back into the conversation, "So-"

  For the rest of the day, they told her about it and allowed her to ask questions.

  She was so happy she got the full story! Even though it looked like it cut into their comfort zone. They both shifted a lot, and looked around the room. She felt a touch of guilt, but curiosity overpowered it, and she moved forward.

  At the end, when it was night, they had to leave. First All Might left the room.

  "Uraraka?" Deku called her name.

  "Yeah?" she responded.

  "You can't tell anyone about this, not your family, friends, no one," Deku looked into her eyes, "Promise me."

  "I promise," she told him without a moment's hesitation.

  "Thank you," Deku expressed his gratitude.

  He walked to the doorway.

  "G-Good night," he stuttered. Deku started blushing too. He turned back to his old self.