Chapter 34 | Duet

Deku's Pov.

  He was getting nervous about singing with Uraraka...

  'What if I mess up or my voice cracks or I trip and fall or-'

  "Deku?" he heard Uraraka say his hero name and her nickname for him.

  "Yeah, what is it?" he asked, turning to her.

  "Well, I heard you muttering to yourself, and I just wanted to say..." Uraraka started, "You don't have to worry, this is supposed to be a fun activity, if you mess up no one will blame you. Plus, everyone wanted this, so it's actually their fault if you mess up. And I'll probably be the one to mess up after all..."

  'I should think more about Uraraka's feelings right now... She's probably nervous too.'

  "Like you said, this is just for fun, so we don't have to worry too much," Deku tried a reassuring smile, and she returned his smile with her smile, which made his feel calmer.

  "Who knows, maybe we'll have a fun with it," Uraraka found the silver lining.

  "Yeah!" he agreed.

  "How are the nervous Love Birds doing?" Ashido came over to where they were sitting.

  Deku didn't really remember what happened at the time, but something inside of his just... snapped.

  "You were the ones that dragged us into this whole thing! It's not like we volunteered ourselves, so please leave us alone!" he told her.

  Ashido looked a little hurt, and then he turned back to Uraraka, so looked especially surprised.

  Deku sighed.

  "Sorry you had to see me like that... I just... snapped... They're not asking our permission to do anything, and then I have to drag you into things because of what they're pulling..."

  She looked away.

  'I didn't mean to make her upset...'

  "No," she started, "I felt the same way, you only said what I was feeling out loud."

  Uraraka turned back to him and smiled.               

  "Well, I'm glad you feel that way," he sighed with relief.

  "I'm still a little nervous, but if I had to sing a duet with anyone, I think I would still choose you," Uraraka blushed.

  "I feel the same way, except I would choose you instead of myself," Deku joked. His face flushed.

  A few more songs past. Some were kind of just jokes, and others were serious and it looked like the pair was actually trying. They ran into good and bad vocals. All the songs had differences and similarities, but the one thing they all had in common with each other, was that everyone had a good time singing them.

  'I hope Uraraka and I have a good time singing as much as everyone else...'

  "Last but not least, Midoriya and Ochaco, singing Cliche!" Yaoyorozu spoke in her host voice.

Uraraka's Pov.

  "Last but not least is Midoriya and Ochaco, singing Cliche," Yaoyorozu told everyone.