Chapter 24 | A Talk

Deku's Pov.

  "There's going to be another sleepover soon..."

  'No! Not another one!'

  Deku couldn't handle the embarrassment again...

  Uraraka didn't like him, Deku didn't want to drag her into all of that again.

  "I'm not really sure if I want to go to this one or not..." Uraraka trailed off.

  "He-Hearing this now, I-I think I feel the s-same way as you," Deku replied.

  "I-I just don't know... It might be a good way to loosen up a little, but at the same time..." she continued.

  Deku recalled what happened last time, and his head turned crimson. He remembered being tied up to Uraraka, sleeping next to Uraraka, having to call her Ochaco...

  'Why did that happen to me? I guess after I dared Ashido, everything went downhill from there...'

  He looked over to Uraraka, and her face was pink. He couldn't blame her... he kind of dragged her into all that...

  Deku tried to lighten up the situation, hoping that Uraraka would feel a little better.

  "I-I will never truth or dare Ashido ever again," he spoke a little jokingly.

  She looked away from is eyes and the corners of her mouth drooped.

  "Yeah..." she trailed off, looking a little more sad then before. What did he do wrong? Deku felt a little bad...

  "D-Did I say something wrong?" he stuttered.

  "No, not at all," she whispered, but didn't look at him still.

  "Uraraka, seriously," Deku put his hand on her shoulder and she flinched, just like in the classroom when something was wrong, "you're acting like this all over again."

  "Honestly... I'm-"

  "No," Deku spoke over her, "you're not fine. When something was wrong, you were acting this way too, and I feel like I have something to do with it. You've been like this... and only until we talk you're better. Please Uraraka, tell me the roots of what's bothering you or they will never go away and things like this... they'll continue to eat at you. I feel that everything's been bothering you lately. You're my friend, and I don't want to see you like this."

  'I don't want her to go on like this.'

  "I-I..." she trailed off, but then tried again, "I'm not ready yet..."

  'Does she not trust me anymore..?'

  "Uraraka..." he tried.

  "Please wait for me," she looked up at him.

  He could see tears welling up in her chocolate brown eyes, but they didn't spill yet. He saw her troubled expression and didn't want to see it again. He wanted to reassure her like he always tried, but this was different. Deku was the problem.

  'Please don't cry... How can I protect her from everything if I can't protect her from sadness?'

  "Do-Do you want me to leave?" he took his hand off her shoulder. Soon the hands at his side were clenched, "I'm the one causing you all this trouble, and I don't want to any longer. Maybe it would be best."

  'This is for her. I wouldn't ask this if she was okay.'

 "No..." she looked away again, and he saw tears spilling from her eyes.

 "You wouldn't understand."

 She took off, leaving him behind with his hand out stretched.

Uraraka's Pov.

  "There's going to be another sleepover soon..." she told Deku, she felt herself turning slightly pink and hoped he wouldn't notice.

  'Why did I tell him this?'

 "I'm not really sure if I want to go to this one or not..." Uraraka shifted uncomfortably.

 "He-Hearing this now, I-I think I feel the s-same way as you," Deku stuttered.

 "I-I just don't know... It might be a good way to loosen up a little, but at the same time..." she continued.

 'I want to go, but I don't want to drag Deku into this like last time...' 

 She felt heat rush to her face as she couldn't hold the pink from coming on her face anymore.

 Uraraka felt Deku's gaze on her.

 "I-I will never truth or dare Ashido ever again," he spoke a little jokingly.

 'That night didn't mean anything to him... what did I expect? He doesn't like me, he never will. We're only friends.'.

  Uraraka felt sadness weigh on her shoulder, and it was a heavy weight to carry. It hurt. It made its way to her heart and overwhelmed it. She tried all she could to stifle her tears, but she knew that they would start to well up in her eyes soon.

 "D-Did I say something wrong?" he stuttered.

 "No, not at all," she whispered, but didn't look at him still. She didn't have the courage. Her tears would've started coming in her eyes.

 "Uraraka, seriously," Deku put his hand on her shoulder.

 "You're acting like this all over again."

 'I don't want him seeing me like this. He knows something is wrong all over again. I would only cause him lots more trouble.'

 Please, I don't want to drag you into everything all over again.'

 "Honestly, I'm-" she tried to cover it up all over again and hoped he wouldn't get involved.

 "No," Deku spoke over her.

 'Deku...'

 "You're not fine. When something was wrong, you were acting this way too, and I feel like I have something to do with it."

 'Yes, but Deku, no! Please...'

 "You've been like this... and only until we talk you're better. Please Uraraka, tell me the roots of what's bothering you or they will never go away and things like this..."

 'Please don't get involved...'

 "They'll continue to eat at you. I feel that everything's been bothering you lately. You're my friend, and I don't want to see you like this."

 "I-I..." she trailed off, but then tried again, "I'm not ready yet..."

 "Uraraka..." Deku spoke her name.

 "Please wait for me," she looked up at him.

 She saw concern in his jade emerald eyes. It made the guilt and sadness combine, and it made the weight on her back even heavier. Tears started welling in her eyes.

 "Do-Do you want me to leave?" he took his hand off her shoulder, "I'm the one causing you all this trouble, and I don't want to any longer. Maybe it would be best."

 'Deku, don't blame yourself... This is the reason I wanted to hide my feelings...'

 "No..." she looked away again, and he probably saw tears spilling from her eyes.

 "You wouldn't understand."

 She ran away, leaving him behind.