Chapter 49 | Surprise...

Uraraka's Pov.

    It was Monday already... Uraraka was waiting for Mr. Aizawa to come in the room. Iida was lecturing Bakugo about putting his feet on the desks, Bakugo just continued ignoring him. Mineta was staring at the girls, and then Tsu slapped him. Kaminari was laughing about Tsu slapping Mineta, so Jiro slapped him. Deku was muttering up a storm, Todoroki prodded his shoulder to tell him to stop. What a normal day.

  A few minutes later, Mr. Aizawa walked into the room.

  "You're going camping for a week... Pack and come back within an hour... Class rep, here are some of the extra details..." after he handed Iida a stack of paper, and zipped up his yellow sleeping bag.

  Everyone started sprinting out of the room.

  'Maybe today isn't so normal...'

  She grabbed a bag that would hopefully fit all she had to pack.

  Uraraka put in eight sets of clothes in case some got ruined, her bathing suit and some hoodie's (including Deku's that she never gave back) because you really have no clue what to expect with such vague descriptions... Lots of sunscreen and bug spray were added in. A brush made it to her bag as well as a blanket and some snacks. She threw a bunch more stuff into the mix.

  The bag was big enough.

  Uraraka started back to her classroom.

  "Hi Deku," she picked up the pace to get to his side.

  "Hi," he greeted her.

  'I still need to ask if he thinks something is off.'

  "So, about the camping trip...." Uraraka trailed off.

  "You think that's it's not actually going to be fun and games when we get there and it's actually a training course?" Deku finished.

  'Not exactly, but that was one of my thoughts, I just thought something was off about it, but Deku had it all figured out...'

  "Kind of..." Uraraka pushed her index fingers together in embarrassment.

  "I'm still excited though!" Deku smiled at her.

  She smiled back. A real smile. It felt nice... just smiling... no annoying friends trying to push them together.

  "I'm excited too!" Uraraka bubbled.

  They got to the classroom, and after a couple minutes, Mr. Aizawa unzipped his sleeping bag.

  "Here's the seating arrangement... Switch seats if you want... I don't care..." Mr. Aizawa projected it on the screen, and then zipped his sleeping bag back up.

  'I'm sitting next to Mina...'

  It's not that Uraraka was disappointed, it's just that she knew that her friend would nonstop question her about her crush on Deku...

  She sighed.

  A little while later, it was time to get on the bus.

  "Everyone get into a line and move in an orderly fashion," Iida instructed them.

  Uraraka sat in her seat next to the window (her favorite seat). Soon Mina sat next to her.

  'It's a little bit of a tight squeeze...'

  "Ochaco?" Mina said her name.

  "Yeah?" she responded.

  "Is it okay if I try to sit next to Toru?" her friend asked.

  "Sure!" Uraraka wasn't disappointed. As long as it wasn't Bakugo, she would be fine.

  Mina got up, and then soon after, Deku replaced her.

Deku's Pov.

  'Sitting next to Hagakure probably isn't the worst seat to sit in, she might nonstop question me about my crush on Uraraka, but it's better than sitting next to Mineta.'

  Soon after everyone was in the bus, Ashido walked up too them and asked, "Midoriya, is it alright if I sit here with Toru?"

  "Sure," he nodded, and then got up for her to sit down.

  "I sit over there," Ashido pointed at a spot further ahead. He even thought that he saw her smirk, but he was probably just just imagining things.

  "Okay, thank you," Deku thanked her, and then spotted a familiar brunette.

  'I didn't think that they did that on purpose... But they are friends, so I guess that was for more reasons than one...'

  He took a seat next to the zero gravity quirked girl with a slight blush on his face.

  "Hey Uraraka," Deku greeted her.

  "Hi Deku," she replied, she turned a little pink.

  "Do you think that they set this up?" Deku asked, he was finally catching on.

  "Wh- Oh, yeah," Uraraka nodded, she blushed a little more at this.

  Deku looked back at the two girls who were responsible.

  Hagakure and Ashido just gave him a thumbs up like this was their plan all along, and then they started giggling and whispering to each other.

  Deku blushed a deep red and turned back to Uraraka.

  "Yeah... They set this up..." he tried to tell her, but he was pretty sure he mumbled.

  He saw her blush more and rubbed the back of his head.

  There really wasn't much space in the seat... He didn't really notice this with Hagakure, but again, she's invisible so you really don't know how much room she's taking up. With Uraraka, he noticed how close he was to his crush...

   She took some Doritos out of her bag.

  "Want some?" she asked, opening the bag.

  "Sure," Deku took one and ate it.

  After they ate a few more chips, Mr. Aizawa stood at the front of the bus.

  "You're all going to have a partner during this camping trip... I'll tell you why when we get there... It's the person next to you..." the teacher announced in an unexcited way.

  "I find it hard to believe that we're going to this camping trip just for fun..." Uraraka sighed.

  Deku nodded his head in agreement, "But we're going to be partners for whatever we're doing, so we should at least be a little happy about that."

  "Yeah!" Uraraka nodded happily, "Especially when either of us could have been Mineta's partner..."

  They both shivered at the thought.

  The bus started up, and they could hear the rumble of the engine and the vehicle jolted to life. It moved faster kind of right away as if to say, "No time to be wasted!' and UA started disappearing behind them.