Chapter 68 | Summing Up the Camping Week

Deku's Pov.

  They were walking back to that same exact spot they were left by Mr. Aizawa and the bus driver. Deku and Uraraka were walking at the back of the group. They were on a hill, or the top of it, but were about to go down it. The way back was filled with a lot of hills, but this was probably the biggest hill.

  He knew for sure all of her classmates were going to at least be a little annoyed if not angry at them, but it wasn't like there was anything anyone could do about it...

  He looked at the basket he was carrying, and pushed Uraraka's hand away as she tried to steal some of his mulberries. Yes, he picked some to bring with him and yes, everyone was trying to steal them, especially Uraraka.

  'Is there a reason about her stealing food from me or something? It's not like I've seen her steal food from anyone else... except maybe her female friends...'

  Deku pulled the basket away from other hands that were trying to grab the berries.

  He remembered all the times he went to that mulberry tree, he was definitely going to miss it... He moved the basket again. And the others were certainly going to miss it too.

  He took a deep breath. Deku was going to miss the nature too...

  Deku felt weight in the basket, and turned his head to see Uraraka eat a couple of the mulberries.

  Deku sighed, but ignored it, ready to make sure she wasn't going to steal more.

  Once he got back to the dorms, he was definitely showering. There was no question! He didn't take a bath or shower for that entire week! He probably smelled awful...

  The thought that had crossed his mind several times... it was a weird thought, but he was wondering how the girls always smelled like flowers even through that camping trip where they couldn't... never mind... that was usually when he just stopped thinking and decided to just pretend everything was normal.

  Deku just felt confusion...

  Honestly, he didn't want to leave. He felt content camping...

  "I'm going to miss camping here," Uraraka sighed.

  "Me too," Deku nodded in agreement.

  They walked side by side in a comfortable silence while Uraraka continued to try to steal his food. It was just like the mochi thing...

  It was pretty early in the morning, so it was cold...

  A strong, cold breeze passed by, and Uraraka got a little closer to brush arms with him. It was warmer now, kind of nice, but Deku kept the berries on the opposite side of him so she couldn't steal it.

  When it got warmer and the wind slowed to a breeze, she moved away.

  Ashido ran back to Uraraka and whispered something quick in her ear before giving her a nudge toward him and running away.

  Her face was red.

  'I wonder what Ashido was whispering to Uraraka...'

  About a minute later, Uraraka hugged him, and his face turned crimson and he stopped walking.

  He looked down at her face, and before he knew it, the basket was snatched out of his hand, and Uraraka was sprinting away!

  "Hey!" he shouted, before running after after her.

Uraraka's Pov.

  She was walking next to Deku, and she was trying to eat the mulberries he brought along.

  'Why didn't I think of packing some before leaving?'

  A cold morning wind whistled past them, and she bumped Deku, but instead of mobving away, she stayed like that because it was warm.

  When the sun came out more and the wind slowed to a breeze, Uraraka moved away slowly.

  Soon, Mina started walking slower from Toru until the point they were side by side.

  Mina whispered in her ear, "Distraction hug," and left.

  'Hmm, I can get the basket from him then, that'll teach him for stealing our berries that second time!'

  Yes, he stole the berries again and hid in a tree this time.

  Uraraka gave Deku a hug, though her face was red.

  He stopped moving, probably a little surprised, and looked down at her.

  'This is my chance!'

  While his focus was no longer on the mulberries, she grabbed them out of his hand and started sprinting away as fast as she could.

  Looking back out of the corner of her eye, she saw him chasing after her.

  "Hey!" he yelled as she passed some of her classmates.

  "You're not going to catch me!" she shouted back and started running faster. Maybe this was a bad idea since they were going downhill, but there was no backing out of this now!

  She felt Deku right behind her.

  'What do I do!?'

  An idea sparked in her mind, and she touched herself to start floating.

  She realized Deku was already using One for All because of the green lightning surrounding him.

  Uraraka ate some of the berries in front of him and stuck her tongue out.

  Deku jumped in the air, but she dodged.

  He tried to jump again, but she released and left him in the air running still.

  She could feel Deku right behind her again. They were pretty much at the front of the group again, and somehow, Mina was already up there.

  Before Deku caught up to her, she handed in off to Mina.

  Uraraka turned back to Deku , but that was a mistake!

  "Watch out!" Deku yelled too late.

  They crashed into each other and fell down the hill.

  "S-Sorry Uraraka!" Deku managed as the continued rolling down the steep hill.

  "No, I should have... been watching... where I was going!" Uraraka shouted back.

  They tumbled down the hill until it was no longer downhill.

  She didn't really process the situation, until he was getting up.

  It turns out... She was on top of Deku!

  "Sorry..." Deku apologized again as Uraraka moved for him, and then he stood up before helping her to her feet.

  "Ouch..." Uraraka tried to say it quietly so Deku couldn't hear, or else he would blame himself way too much.

  "Are you hurt?" Deku looked concerned.

  "No... Honestly... I'm fine..." Uraraka tried.

  "A little while ago, you said the same thing while your head was bleeding," Deku spoke worriedly, "So I'm going to ask again, are you okay?"

  "Yeah, I'm okay," Uraraka was telling the truth. She was a little dizzy for a second and it hurt a little bit all over, but otherwise she was fine, no scratches, maybe a lot of bruises though...

  "Hey. are you guys okay?" the class asked them.

  "Yeah," the two said in unison.

______________________________________________

Author's note: Thanks for 20K views!